Got a new property to detect tomorrow

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Ran into another metal detector and he told me how my neighbors property is on a old church property, and hes going to try and get there sometime. Well I beat him to it and detecting it tomorrow. This church was town down in the late 30's believe. Any tips? My house is right next door to the left, the house im detecting im detecting is the one in the red box. Wish me luck for old coins! :headbang:

#2.PNG #1.PNG

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slow and low is the best advice I can give, I'm sure you gonna do great, GL & HH AC

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Does it bother you at all that you only met this gentleman because you were detecting 20 feet in front of him. Then he told you about this new spot so then you "stole" it right out from under him? Amazing.

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Does it bother you at all that you only met this gentleman because you were detecting 20 feet in front of him. Then he told you about this new spot so then you "stole" it right out from under him? Amazing.

Not a bit.

smcdmc

Aug 12, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 500, Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ran into another metal detector and he told me how my neighbors property is on a old church property, and hes going to try and get there sometime. Well I beat him to it and detecting it tomorrow. This church was town down in the late 30's believe. Any tips? My house is right next door to the left, the house im detecting im detecting is the one in the red box. Wish me luck for old coins! :headbang:

Not something I would brag about.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
jerseyben said:

Well Ben I gotta agree with you. This was and is the reason I don't share things with strangers. If I am correct the poster stated in another thread that he was fifteen. Correct me if I am wrong. Maybe when he matures he will better understand.

So when some other guy comes on the forum asking where are some good spots to search everyone will know why I bust balls.

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad I'm not the only one who didn't think this was quite right....

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
FYI

The detectorist and I had a great conversation. He told me I should try to get on there. I didn't steal it from him. Besides, I don't have good enough equipment. He was running the AT Pro, and I have the cheap Tracker IV until the funds become available. So to everyone saying I stole it from him, this is completely false as I guarntee there are still coins in the ground, and the fact that he said he didn't care, how is this stealing?

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI

The detectorist and I had a great conversation. He told me I should try to get on there. I didn't steal it from him. Besides, I don't have good enough equipment. He was running the AT Pro, and I have the cheap Tracker IV until the funds become available. So to everyone saying I stole it from him, this is completely false as I guarntee there are still coins in the ground, and the fact that he said he didn't care, how is this stealing?

That's cool if he said he didn't care. It just didn't sound quite right when you said that you "beat him to it".

smcdmc

Aug 12, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 500, Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI

Your first post said that he was going to try to get there and you beat him to it. Maybe you should have been clearer in the first place...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions