Got a shield nickel 2 IH pennies, and a gold locket thing!

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i was hunting a place thats been hunted out in my area so i was told from several people and never really hunted until today and i was very surprised what i got the first was a shield nickel a 1862 IH penny then a 1859 right after then the gold locket which was about 8" deep i was using the deep tech RG 1000 and just can't say enough great things about it, its one of the few machines that you can use full disc and keep your nickels and totally do away with iron or you know the sound of it but anyways here are some pics coins are rough got to get some cleaner and by the way i almost forgot to mention that on the locket i found a pat date that read nov 16th 1875

Attachments

• possible silver plated spoon 005.jpg
    possible silver plated spoon 005.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,018
  • possible silver plated spoon 006.jpg
    possible silver plated spoon 006.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,015
Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds!!! Shield 1866-1883. urs might be the 72-82.. nice fatty! MR TUFF

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm sure there is more stuff there! :icon_thumright:

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice work!

"Hunted Out" means different things to different people.

So many older people cant imagine why I would spend that kind of money
on a metal detector to only be wasting my time on "Hunted Out Grounds".

It's a hobby I tell them.
Besides, I want a challenge. :wink:

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean for sure, there are some that can't grasp our hobby with out putting a price tag to it

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

metalman531

Sep 25, 2011
washington
Detector(s) used
whites.minelab.tesoro.garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I really do is "hunted out" sites. I love the challenge of it.We usually pull eleven hour days out there poking around.But almost always find at least five old coins.If it were easy then what good would that be? And it's a funny thing.I think every winter the freezing and thawing moves stuff around and gives us new stuff every year. Good luck out there and keep hunting!! :headbang:

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hard to tell from the pic, but the 'locket thing' looks like it might be half a gold watch casing(?)

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the locket i'm quite sure its not watch cover but it does look one though just because of the inner solder joint, i really think it was a fancy womens rouge type thing but then it would be on the small side

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread