dlrwaitnonadime

Oct 22, 2010
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a two fer today....Barber dime and broke 1800's

SquatMonkey and I got permission from a really nice guy here in our hometown to hunt his yard. The house dates from the 1940's. We were hunting it hard, there were a LOT of modern penny signals all over the yard. We were about two hours into it when I got a 12-44 - 12-45 at six inches in the back yard. I dug the plug and checked the plug and hole and got nothing. Then I saw a coin next to the hole. I could see silver. I thought it was probably a Mercury. I pushed a little dirt off and realized it was a Barber. I took it over to a water hose and washed it and the land owner took it inside and checked it with a magnifying glass and came back out and said he thought it said 1896. SquatMonkey's good eyes confirmed it. It was my first Barber anything and broke the 1800's too. Sweeeeeet!!!!!! We continued to hunt and she got a shot shell head that dates from 1868 to 1911 and then we worked another lot across the street and she got a sweet women's compact that dates to the early 1900's. Pics attached. SquatMonkey also got two wheats, 1918 and 1944.

bdime1.jpg

bdime2.jpg

compact1.jpg

compact2.jpg

umcblackclub.jpg

DSCN1737.jpg

DSCN1746.jpg

Upvote 0

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Got a two fer today....Barber dime and broke 1800's

I wish the barber dime I found today was in as good condition as yours! :icon_thumleft: Nice find! :headbang:

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Got a two fer today....Barber dime and broke 1800's

:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread