got an eldorado!!

rossman85

May 14, 2012
harrisburg, pa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro, pro pointer, lesche digger
So as some of you may have seen in my previous thread, I was looking to get a silver umax or a cibola, but ended up getting a "like new" eldorado for $278. It is what the vaquero replaced a few years ago. Is this a good detector...did I overpay... and can anybody give me some tips on getting it set up as I am a beginner.
thanks!!

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Does this have a threshold in the Disc. mode or just in the all metal mode? I had one but forgot . rwd mo

OP
OP
R

rossman85

May 14, 2012
harrisburg, pa
Detector(s) used
It has an all metal switch, threshold, ground balance, sens, and discrim

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
frontpaneleldorado.gif you picked up a great machine at a real good price ....turn your ground balance nob to the - (left ) until you just feel it start to drag ....stop ....turn the nob to +( right ) 3 full turns an your almost perfect on your ground balance .......good luck I've found allot of coins an jewelry an a couple nuggets with mine .

OP
OP
R

rossman85

May 14, 2012
harrisburg, pa
Detector(s) used
So i was finally able to get to test out my eldorado, and found my first penny almost right outside my door! I am hooked. But i am going to be ordering a garrett propointer very very soon, As i fully understand the need for one now.

OP
OP
R

rossman85

May 14, 2012
harrisburg, pa
Detector(s) used
Went to a friends old property today and found a bunch of old aluminum cans and pipes, found a keychain too. Nothing too crazy, but i dug over a foot for the one can, so i am impressed with the depth overall. I also found a bullet that was shot which was cool as well. I am loving this hobby so far even though i have not found anything valuable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread