Got an XLT

Tim NEPA

Feb 1, 2012
West Pittston, pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a White's Spectrum XLT for a week as of today and figured I would post some pics of my finds. Most were found in my yard in West Pittston PA. House was built in 1900. Before that there was a shed or carriage house here. House beside me was built in 1857 and on the other side there is a newer house that replaced one that was also built in 1857. Oldest coins are as follows...1942 penny, 1945 Nickel, 1958 dime (only silver) and 1965 quarter. Coins are laid out in the following order...modern pennies, wheat pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters. Bottom 2 are a canadian dime and a token. other pic is just some interesting junk. Coolest item being a screw back pin that says "Member PDS Phila 1921". Can't find any info on the pin so if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.
20130421_070638.jpg
20130421_071046.jpg
20130421_073306.jpg

Upvote 3

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2009
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. looks like your off to a good start keep at it you'll be amazed at what you will find!HH
Broken Knee

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought XLT was ExtraLettice&Tomato..lol

Lots of coins & interesting looking Pin.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...1942 penny, 1945 Nickel, 1958 dime (only silver) and 1965 quarter.

that '45 nickel should be silver too. look for a large mintmark over the dome of Montecello. during WW2, nickels were 35% silver. Hard to say what the pin stands for. things like that were commonly made for school, church, or civic organizations.

OP
OP
T

Tim NEPA

Feb 1, 2012
West Pittston, pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
took a closer look at the nickel. I was wrong with the date. It's a '48.

The closest thing I can find on the pin is the "Philadelphia Divinity School" in Phila which did operate during that time period. It was closed down a few years later so there is no way to contact them and see if it's theirs.

VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATS!!!! Your gonna like your new friend:occasion18:. Super finds=ED

JUNKER

Apr 7, 2012
SW FL,Copper Hill VA,Temple ME
Detector(s) used
XLT GrandmastercxIII Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and you didn't have to go far. maybe you need to check to house out inside too. Looks like your having fun keep it up. JUNKER

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You picked a great machine , one of my favorites ! Have you tried any new programs with it , or you still getting used to it ?

OP
OP
T

Tim NEPA

Feb 1, 2012
West Pittston, pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still getting used to it. Did save a deep scanning setup I found on the net. Pulling couns at up to 10 inches so far with it.

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
love my XLT! awesome start!

OP
OP
T

Tim NEPA

Feb 1, 2012
West Pittston, pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found my oldest coin yesterday. A 1919 penny at about 10 inches...and about 50 beer cans. People around here sure like to drink.

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My brother got a like new XLT at a garage sale saturday for $5.

My brother sucks.

bamadigtab

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My XLT is an awesome machine. I have found coins even silver coins up to 4 inches deep with nails all around and even on top of one silver dime at 4 inches. Here is a tip. With the XLT if you get a decent but broken signal watch your VDI if it reads anywhere from 60 up even if it is bouncy DIG IT!!! Slow the swing speed and shorten it as well if the VDI consistently bounces from 60 or higher chances are you may have a coin. The silver dime with the nail laying on top that I dug read 62-69 it was bouncy tone was breaking up depth read 2 inches but I dug the dime out at about 4 inches. The nail left a rust stain on it. I dug a barber dime at about 2 inches that had square nails all around it and it to gave me a 60"s VDI reading. Big tip some will tell you that you want did silver in that VDI range, IH's come up in that range as well so if you skip the 60's you may be missing IH's. Don't listen I know by experience you will dig silver in that range, and not just jewelry you will dig coins especially in iron and nails. The XLT will do an excellent job at pulling silver out of these conditions if you know how to read it. I rarely use anything other than the factory coin mode. I tried others some help in conjunction with the factory mode, but I always return to the factory coin mode.

Last edited:

bamadigtab

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my area the ground is highly mineralized so 6 inches is a deep dig, but we have a layer of clay at about 4-6 inches and usually the coins stop sinking at that depth. Most of my silver and wheats are found at about 4.5 inches some shallower I have dug dimes at 7 inches but that is extremely rare around here. Last year I dug 57 silver coins, this year I'm at 32 so far. The XLT is a great silver machine you will be very satisfied with it.

OP
OP
T

Tim NEPA

Feb 1, 2012
West Pittston, pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice. Found another 1919 penny last night. About 7 inches down.

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I already offered $50 and he said no way...

Think ill just put a whites sticker on my ace 350 and swap them, he'll never know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions