Got Another Bad Token Snow Hunting In The Woods This Afternoon...............

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
cf2.jpg

Got some more Snow over night, and it cooled down a bit more. I went back to the woods to detect, so I could get out of the cold westerly wind today. I used the small 5" x 8" DD coil because it causes less drag through the dry powdery snow, and of course it is lighter. In areas with few targets, I used the true all metal mode, glancing at the VDI numbers to see if it is worth digging. In trashy areas, I hunted in zero discrimination mode, with my iron audio set to 44. This area allowed me to turn up the sensitivity to 100%. I only dug iffy or good signals, which got me 3 bottle caps and one screw-cap. The ground was pretty hard, as I had to hack away with my Lesche long handled relic shovel. The frost was down to about 2 inches, then the soil was softer and easier to dig.

cf3.jpg

After about an hours worth of wading through the shallow snow, I came across this plastic Canadian treasure chest.....what could it be?? Arghhhhh Matey!

cf4.jpg

Well......not a heck of a whole lot. Old, stinky, dirty clothes. Yuk! :cussing:

cf5.jpg

After another 45 minutes following an old trail, I finally got a signal in the mid 80's. Ha! A coin? Silver? A Silver Ring. No......not today. Just a bad bad token. I hate finding these......:BangHead:

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Yea......I thought it fit the powder snow scenario quite well.

addiction.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions