Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
these just turned up
the etched flat sandstone piece was found by a friend along with the KRF point which i think is more of a besant variant type than a more common prairie side notch, also may be a bit large for an arrow point sure could be one

the flat piece was laying upside down and i was told that if it would not have had the rounded corner it probably would have been overlooked and not flipped over with the flippin' stick...(good ole lucky stick)
i wish i knew what the design means my friend said it was for counting lodges........but? any ideas?

last i always talk about my old 1986 chevy truck being an artifact magnet.....
..well when i stopped to do a little walk i opened the truck door and here is a little white petrified wood triangle laying there........it has an impact fractured tip but i picked it up any way cuz i like the material
IMG_0017.jpg
after a heavy rain we seem to find these points and scrapers sitting on a little pedestal of dirt where the rest of the surrounding dirt was washed away by rain
you can see it in one of the pictures

IMG_0018.jpg
IMG_0019.jpg
IMG_0020.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The flat piece sure is a puzzler! :icon_scratch: Maybe they were doodling a design of a rattlesnake pattern and never finished? That KRF point does look like a Besant point, and that other point are some Cool finds! :thumbsup:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a interesting design. When you find those type of artifacts do you put them in a frame all together? It would be nice to see them if you do.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They sure would make a nice frame.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread