Got Dad out hunting last night for the first time!

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for an hour last night and hit the local schoolyard, found 1 quarter, 6 pennies and a P! Not much, but it felt good to get out. It was only my 2nd time out in the last month. Also, my parents are up for a few days visit from Florida, and I dragged my Dad out with me for the hour long hunt. It was his first time out, and he didn't seem interested at first, but he was a good sport and agreed to tag along. About 2 minutes in to the hunt, the quarter jumped out at us, and he was hooked! While we were digging the last penny, we were losing daylight fast, and I wanted to just give up after a few minutes of digging, but he said "I can't go all the way home to Florida knowing I left something in the hole like that", and so we kept at it till we recovered the penny. We got back to my house, and he was exitedly washing the coins in the sink and asking about MDing. I think he's hooked! I just wish he lived closer so I could get him out hunting some more! The hour I spent out hunting with him was worth more than all the clad in the world!! HH!

Attachments

• Sherman 5-19-05.JPG
    Sherman 5-19-05.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 336
Upvote 0

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Hey Treasure! It's really cool that your Dad went with you. If he lives in Florida near the beach and tried the diggin there, I'm sure he'd get hooked! Next time you go visit him in Fl., bring your detector and get him hooked!! I wished my 15 yr old son would take an interest in it. Great way to do something like this with a loved one!

HH 8) surfrat

F

Floater

Great story Kidd. I wish my dad lived closer too. Time slips by and you never realize all the opportunity's lost.Keep it real. HH

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
That is a Great story! Looking forward to more finds, and maybe even finds from your dad....father and son on tresure net? (treasureDad?)

R

rvbvetter

Great story! Wish i'd had an oppurtunity like that. Maybe he'll take the plunge, and get a detector. Keep us up to date. WTG! HH

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
Hehehe It is always great to get someone interested in stuff that you are!

Have fun!

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Good you can get out with your dad,Your right Floater, You relize that more when their no longer around.HH

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thats an awesome story. thats really what its all about isnt it? i didnt get along much with my father as a kid but now that im older i try to spend as much time with him as i can. doing stuff like that with him is priceless.

OP
OP
treasurekidd

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was happy to see all the comments about this post. It seems like you all understand exactly waht I was trying to say. Just proves what I knew already: The people on this forum, and Treasure Hunters in general, are damn good people! It was by far my favorite hunt, even if we didn't find much of material value. Thanks for the feedback guys, and HAPPY HUNTING!!

BRD

Mar 26, 2004
Treasurekid,
Your dad is definitely hooked on metal detecting. With the zeal that he has shown, he will be an outstanding detectorist. It was great that you were able to get out with him. My dad has been gone 23 years, but I still think of him often. Do things together while you can. Good luck and keep us posted on how both of you are doing in your hunting.
BRD

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Thats terrific kidd that you were able to get your dad out and interested. I always wished that my dad would be interested but he never was. I hope you and your dad will have many adventures in the future
hh
dave+bobbie

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Fantastic story there kidd. Wish my father lived closer too so we could have some bonding time like you experienced with your dad.

Mighty_Mouse

Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro, HeadHunter Pirate
I got some P's like that..........

Found 2 of them P's when i was in WV, and PA hunting schools. If i am not mistaken they are a zipper pull of sorts. Not sure of brand though. HH

Attachments

• P.jpg
    P.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 133

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
way to go TK, youv'e already found the best treasure, time spent with your dad :),
most folks say that you don't know what you have till it's gone, but youv'e got it beat ;). live, laugh, love and learn. pay attention to what he says, their is much wisdom that comes with age ;).

Pat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread