Attachments

• DSCN0021.JPG
    DSCN0021.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 735

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Dig-m, Don't sweat this one you did good at least in my book. It looks to be a cast iron bird feeder or perhaps a some sort of wall decoration. Cast iron stuff goes for some good money. Does it have any stamps or markings on it ? I"m thinking its old but here is how to tell - Old cast iron should smell like dirt . I'd try wetting it and give it a sniff test. The new stuff wont' smell like that. Not that adventurous OK then try this . Old cast iron is very dark gray ( close to black) and feels smooth. The new stuff looks silver and the edges will be rough. If it has reddish rust on it it's new also. What did you pay for it ?

Ace Villa-v

OP
OP
D

Dig-m-Deep

Jul 18, 2011
Come on DFW... Texas don't have 50 cent lotto tickets LOL.............Ace it's smooth cast iron but there's no markings that I can find

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For fifty cents - I'd have bought it!!!!!!
I'd vote for bird feeder - does it have any obvious hanger hole or anything on back? There's a lot of new cast iron stuff around for decoration, so hard to tell - it would be useful as a soap dish, in the kitchen to hold rings or scrubbers, small flower pot, really a neat and useful find!!!
(If you're going to sell it, throw in the words "shabby chic".)

All I got today was a 7 foot sofa for $20 for my son's dorm room. In good shape, and the cushion covers zip off for washing. Not nearly as fun as your find, but drearily usefull.

Tigger

OP
OP
D

Dig-m-Deep

Jul 18, 2011
Tigger it was tough out there and 104 degree temps didn't help... got the feeder and a couple of the 40's Japanese figurines, not really worth anything...just cute

Tigger

Mar 6, 2011
N Central Fla
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig-m-Deep said:
Tigger it was tough out there and 104 degree temps didn't help... got the feeder and a couple of the 40's Japanese figurines, not really worth anything...just cute

Hey, I don't resell, I buy what I like, or what I can use, or if it's ridiculously cheap!!! "Just cute" works for me! (And my sister and garage-saleing buddy and I both think your bird 'feeder' is cool! :icon_sunny:
Tigger

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you got to go to a sale today. There were a few listed for today, but they were too far away for my taste, and they "sounded" expensive just by the way they were worded, so not for me. Maybe tommorrow... :thumbsup:

Grundestoun

Dec 16, 2010
Idaho
Detector(s) used
coinmaster 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any marks on this? can you post pics of the back and bottom. I've been looking at info on some cast iron items.Trying to find info on something I found too. I learned a lot maybe I can help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions