Got harrassed today!!

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Was on the outskirts of the baseball field at our high school and 2 of the junior high kids came running across the field yelling to get off the field and that it was their field. They were throwing coins (good for us) and yelling. One of them said "I'm gonna call the cops" I told them to go ahead and while they were at it, they could call the head of parks and rec whom I have permission from. They were still mouthing off until I informed them that I worked at the school. (They know who I am) and they walked away.

Well about 20 minutes later the cops come up. It just so happens it was one of the guys I went to school with. I asked him if the kids called and he said no that someone driving by called someone on the finance board who called the police.

I told him I had permission to work the fields in town and he said that's fine as long as I fill my holes. I told him to look around and see if he sees any holes. Of course he didn't and we talked for a bit. He told me that this finance board person is a PITA so he had to stop by. We laughed about it and left a few minutes later because the black flies were drawing blood!!

Needless to say my friend and I found a total of $1.29 and a silver mickey mouse ring. I don't have pictures because I just got home but thought I would share my experience with you all.

Thanks for reading!

Upvote 0
Glad you had the upper hand in this one!

KUDOS for filling holes and being able to DEMONSTRATE that you do so!

Grip

MD Dog said:
Kids, can't hit em or eat em. ;D :D :wink:

LOL but I am the computer tech at the school and could block their internet access if I were a vindictive type....can you see that..."hmmm I don't know why you can't get on, you are not on the banned list or anything...."

I'm glad you had the upper hand and did the right thing. I probably wouldn't have. :angry4:

I've got to learn to control myself. :angel7:

Good luck.
Randy

You should have told them that they were lucky you were cleaning up their trash!!

beetle662 said:
Geez... stupid kids. Of course, since I am the law, and always hunt legally, I live for these moments!

:thumbsup:

That's what I'm talkin about. We got the law on our side. :icon_sunny:

Yep Beetle...It's moments like that that I crave.....Usually you just throw down and slap the cuffs on fools...But these kids need a rude awakening that their parents should have given them a long time ago. But I can do that dirty work for them. Ha....

Nice that you found a few coins along the way...Congrats...jgas

There's not a man in America who at one time or another hasn't had a secret desire to boot a child in the ass. W.C. Fields

Well ok, how is this for "justice"....I went for pizza aftwards and saw the parents of someone I went to high school with. I went over and spoke with them and knowing my technology background, they asked me to enter a couple of phone numbers in their new cell phones.
After I did that, the Mrs. said we should pay you for this and I said, how about letting me metal detect your yard.

You see, they live in one of the oldest houses in town. 1744!!!! Well the Mr. said that he has said no before but because he knows me and likes me, he said I could!!! I told them I would give them everything I find because I just like to detect and he said we could split it! Then he said to me..."oh you have one of those metal thingys?" and I said yes and he said "could you find the pole for my volleyball net?" He told me approximately where it was so I will find that for them as well.

I am so excited. I have been wanting to detect this house for over a year!!! I will be leaving here in a few minutes and will let you all know how it goes!!!!

Wish me luck!!!

Good karma for you since you didn't eat or kill the kids LOL! They were probably doing or going to do something thy shouldn't and thats why they didn't want you there.

Let us know what kind of awsome finds you get from the home! It will be just nice if you can find the pole for them!

you know it's not the kids yelling part of this story that bothers me.

it's the someone driving by called someone on the finance committee who then called the cops.

what is this - nazi germany?

if i see somebody out walking their dog or flying a kite i would never "call" somebody.

this is gettin' kinda weird folks. jmho. :-\

LD

LMC 620 said:
There's not a man in America who at one time or another hasn't had a secret desire to boot a child in the ass. W.C. Fields

I didn't know the desire was a secret? A boot to the butt every once in a while would be a lot better therapy then all the pills they put kids on now. >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back