Got in a 5 hour hunt at the pounded ball diamond and the silver STILL popped out

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hardly ever get more than 2 to 3 hours per hunt in but I'll be cooped up for a few days so I went for the whole afternoon. I didn't even clean these goodies off as you can see.. cause' I'm going to be late for work. :tongue3: I figured I'd give the 10 x 14 Excelerator coil a spin today...and man did it pick some goodies out of a pretty trashy area... AND on edge. The first thing I dug was a merc down about 8" ...the pressure was gone now...cause' I would have been VERY happy with just one silver coin from this ball diamond. :D It has been beat to death for 30 years by every detectorist known to man...AND his dog. About 45 minutes later I got a very sweet sounding "bouncer" accross the top...BUT it kept weaseling it's way back to the top right corner...so I dug. Out popped the SLQ ...yippee! :thumbsup: After that...coins just kept popping out. Most of these coins were on edge or at least tilted...but this coil always finds me something because "on edge" coins are it's specialty. Dug quite a few wheaties...the wedding band...2 mercs...2 roosevelts...the SLQ...the saq. dollar coin...and the sterling silver charm. A 5 silver afternoon ...that almost never happens anymore at the worn out sites I hunt. I sincerely am happy if I can find just ONE silver coin at my beat up sites. Since last Sunday's trip to St. Louis...this gives me 10 silvers in a week. Man I LOVE this hobby. :icon_sunny: One of my main goals this year is to find a SLQ with a date. After 30 years of hunting...still don't have one. ::) This one is STILL a thrill as is ANY slq...cause' they don't pop out often. This is only my second one in the last 5 years...so I'm thankful :angel7:

Attachments

• coins47.jpg
    coins47.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,072
Upvote 0

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
sounds like you had a great week! 10 silvers! Thats amazing! Good luck trying to find the SLQ with a date!!! :thumbsup:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man Silverfreak that would take me all year ;D Those damn SE's are looking better and better.Great hunt and good luck with the dated SLQ...HH!!

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
WOW ~ very nice finds man! That's a good amount of silver coins for one hunt! WOOHOOOO!!!

I've dug four Standind Liberty 25c's in 15 years of detecting ~ only one has a date, 1919-D in XF!

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG again Bryce, you sure know how to make the most of any site you happen to be at.

Does that charm say what I think it says? Too funny.

Nat

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2007
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE
Great finds Bryce. Good luck with that dated SLQ. I have been looking at getting a second coil for my SE. The sunray 8 inch looks to be a good choice or I have seen you and several other people use the EX2 coil on the SE. Don't know too much about the excelerator coils still learning. I am still working on those deep signals, got several at an old park the other day, one way high tones. When I flipped the plug could not find a signal again. Dug deeper and no signal with the probe so I gave up. Thanks for your help.
JDD

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detectingfreak said:
sounds like you had a great week! 10 silvers! Thats amazing! Good luck trying to find the SLQ with a date!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks DF. SLQ's are my favorite coin. I just checked my slq finds over the last 30 years...and I've found ONLY 3...ALL with no dates. One came back in the 80's...one last year...and then this one. ::)

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Re: Got in a 5 hour hunt at the pounded ball diamond and the silver STILL popped

Yeah, nice haul. Maybe you should have saved some for next week. :wink: ;D Maybe some for the next guy and his dog. :D Yeah, those SLQ's are nice even without dates.

Bob

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Wow I wish I knew my machine as well as you seem to know yours! I went with a smaller coil not larger. Guess I need a larger one now too........... ::) :D

Great finds those are definitely worth being proud of!

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
civilman1 said:
Man Silverfreak that would take me all year ;D Those damn SE's are looking better and better.Great hunt and good luck with the dated SLQ...HH!!
Thanks civilman1. I still have my xlpro and a fisher cz70pro...but I find myself leaning towards "the darkside" more often ;D
Seriously though...I will always have my Whites and my Fisher. I don't care what type of machine comes out....the xlpro and the cz70 pro will always be in my stable. :thumbsup:

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul dude. I'd be happy with that take anyday. Just goes to show ya.....

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oddcoins said:
WOW ~ very nice finds man! That's a good amount of silver coins for one hunt! WOOHOOOO!!!

I've dug four Standind Liberty 25c's in 15 years of detecting ~ only one has a date, 1919-D in XF!

Thanks O.C....I've gotten 3 of them in 30 years of coil swingin'...and NONE of them have a date ???

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
Great hunt Bryce,5 silver wow!!You are one of the guys who really show what an Explorer can do.

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Nice wilver recoveries, big guy! You are kicking some buttocks with that machine lately.

No wilver can hide from your sweep coil! :thumbsup:

Kyle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread