Got interviewed on a muddy saturated field...Video added...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I set out after work to detect a grass field but, as I drove by a plowed field I want to hunt, it looked solid and not so muddy. We are coming out of winter and it has defrosted, LOL. I tried detecting this field, within a few steps into the field I was already in 6” of mud and committed. I went for higher ground but ran into even deeper mud and sank about 12” down. I actually started to panic as it felt like quicksand and getting out wasn’t easy. I found some stabile ground where I only sank a few inches and detected what I could. I had just dug a zinc swastika coin when I noticed someone walking up on me in the middle of the field. It was comical as this person did not expect the mud, he had tennis shoes on and already had 6” of mud up his pant legs, watching him work his way up to me had me laughing. He introduced himself and I had remembered him as he has documented/filmed several of our medieval parades I have been involved with. He wanted to film me detecting and ask a few questions along the way. I did not really want to be interviewed under the conditions but having seen him walk up to me through the mud, I gave in. He filmed me detecting and finding a few pieces of junk. It will be posted on his web site, if I don’t like it I will invite him to a better hunt in much better conditions and ask him to delete that video. I looked at the web site, he is really busy documenting local events. http://www.paradies-oberpfalz.de/ The site is in the German language. I may or may not post the link if he posts my detecting video, could be embarrassing. LOL. HH, Mike Video came out good, here's the direct link. http://www.paradies-oberpfalz.de/index.php?videosache=102&vdetails=1

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Re: Got interviewed on a muddy saturated field...

Sticky muck? Better than 'solid' water!! (5:20pm cdt -- now +5 F, -15 C)

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Hey Mike, Congrats! I understood every bit of the two of you and I haven't even had a drink, yet! LOL I'm glad you told him about your gold coin and it's not all trash we find. The guy did an OK bit on you. I wish the reporters and news people were so positive about us over here as he was. Man he gave you 8 minutes on tape! That was great.
HH Mike and I hope you posted this on our other web site as well.

Desertfox
(Paul)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Not too shabby for "just another day in the field"......Would love to hear it in English :thumbsup:

garrettman64

Nov 8, 2006
mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 pro & Whites Classic SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great Video Boy I sure wish My x wife was here shes was born in germany back in 1960 she can speak it good and under stand it i my self can not but its a Great video awesome hunting

Weasel_Loader

Feb 16, 2008
California City, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer CTX 3030

Nice video. :wink:

When I was stationed in Germany ('92-00), I used to detect an area of the woods that was used as ammunition storage during the war. The older German folk used to stop and talk to me and tell me all about the area. Got a lot of information that way. Most interesting find was in my wifes parents backyard when I found a fired .50 Cal round. I suspect it came from the air as their area did not see any ground fighting that they knew of.

Good luck over there! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread