Got me a new coinmaster by whites love the heck out of it.

slowNsteady

Mar 26, 2010
Broken Arrow, OK
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter, Fisher 1220 1225 F2 F4, BH Land Star, Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero
If you think about it, post an update on the performance of the machine. I think they are a great bargain and would love to try one as well. Not too many people are posting about this machine, so let us know please. Personally, I feel that if Whites would re-think their marketing strategy, they would sell tons of them. Never have understood why they won't let places like Kellyco ship the Prizm line.

OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Will do. So far the dept is awesome. About the same as Silver max-Discrimination is dead on. It is not really stripped down and the box is rugged! “ Like the new color, keeps the box cooler. It came with a weatherproof plug for the headphones and a coil cover. The 8” spider coil is perfect great!!! Whites really came up and down on the price, good move.”

Will post detailed pictures of the detector and finds tonight.
HH
:read2:

OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Here are some pics and the pendant i found under a swing. :icon_pirat: Going to beach in the morning for a test drive.Sorry the ring is blurred-Pink diamonds set in silver

Attachments

• md1.JPG
    md1.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 455
  • md3.JPG
    md3.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 433
  • md2.JPG
    md2.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 429
  • find1.JPG
    find1.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 384

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Neat pics! Nice pendant!

Got my Coinmaster Pro (sure looks like yours) about 3 months ago. Have a lead on a gold coin cache, so took a $2.50 gold coin with me to test: found at 7 inches in air test!

If anything, I think this is too sensitive! Been finding lots of the tiny metal strips that bind erasers to the end of pencils. At 4 inches deep. Drives me MAD, I TELL YOU, MAD! (OK, short trip.)

Sensitive as all get-out. Pretty sure it would find a pine-head sized gold nugget at at least 4 inches, maybe deeper. Haven't taken it to the Baker City (Oregon) tailing piles yet, but suspect that would be an excellent place to test it out at. Wouldn't mind finding a larger gold nugget there, either.

Might take it to the Herman Oliver Museum in Canyon City, Oregon too. Saw a beautiful piece of cut and polished chrysoprase there: half the fist-sized rock was rotten quartz with pea-sized gold nuggets in it; half was banded chrysoprase (semi-precious stone). Remember while I was living in Canyon City, it was very easy to find chrysoprase on the surface of the ground on Little Canyon Mountain, just east of Canyon City, near many of the old gold-mine cabins about 1,000 feet up. Watch for snakes!

OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
You sure are right about the sensitivity- deep detection, does however likes to talk too much. I like my Tesoro silver max better- too use to that silent search. :-\

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Rob66 said:
You sure are right about the sensitivity- deep detection, does however likes to talk too much. I like my Tesoro silver max better- too use to that silent search. :-\
Yep. Every tiny bit of aluminum foil will beep at your for 3-4 inches. BB's are a pain. Finding an iron washer will blast your ears off.

But that's what will also ensure a small gold nugget at 6 inches in a tailing pile. And the big gold dredges that operated here in Oregon commonly kicked out any nugget larger than 6 ounces, plus who knows how many meteorites? So that kind of sensitivity is not at all bad. You just have to figure out how insane you can stand for the day. I'm getting to the point of even consider digging plugs for those 6-8 inch deep targets.

OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
I still like it for a back up and it hunts deep-I've been doing this for a while and I know what the detector is saying."Here are the finds with the new master." Below!!!

Happy hunting till next time.

Attachments

• finds aug1st-1.JPG
    finds aug1st-1.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 391
  • finds aug1st-2.JPG
    finds aug1st-2.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 387
  • finds aug1st-4 pendant.JPG
    finds aug1st-4 pendant.JPG
    7.8 KB · Views: 415
  • finds aug1st-3.JPG
    finds aug1st-3.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 402
  • finds aug1st-1.JPG
    finds aug1st-1.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 357
  • finds aug1st-2.JPG
    finds aug1st-2.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 357
  • finds aug1st-3.JPG
    finds aug1st-3.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 363
  • finds aug1st-4 bronze.JPG
    finds aug1st-4 bronze.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 362
  • finds aug1st-4 pendant.JPG
    finds aug1st-4 pendant.JPG
    7.8 KB · Views: 430
OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Tuberale said:
Would like to see more close-ups of that rock if you can.
Will try it is weird... found at a school looks like bronze maybe??? :icon_scratch:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you sure it did not fall out of the sky that rock could be worth .... big bucks if it did...........

Attachments

• bunny-dance.gif
    bunny-dance.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 377
  • bunny-dance.gif
    bunny-dance.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 397
OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
No I know meteorites, I have a few- this looks like it was molded, folded and bent into shape. There is no rust on it. :icon_pirat:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Rob66 said:
No I know meteorites, I have a few- this looks like it was molded, folded and bent into shape. There is no rust on it. :icon_pirat:
I've seen about 50 close-up. Most don't have rust. It take many many years for rust to develop on most meteorites. But it does happen, for example, the pieces near Canyon Diablo.

Willamette Meteorite estimated to have laid in Oregon for the past 12,000-15,000 years. Fusion crust on it doesn't look rusty at all.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great find!
The machine looks really nice too.
As you know, I am a Minelab dealer. Whites has always been reputable and dependable. The only reason I opted not to sell the machines, is because I was told a couple years ago,(By Whites) that they were not interested in donating machines for our kids program. This is why I have stuck so close to Minelab. They donate yearly, as does Tesoro and the distributor, Kellyco. These are the ONLY 2 manufactures and 1 distributor that were willing to help with the program. since then, we have become one of the bigger dealers for Minelab and will continue to support them and Tesoro.

I've heard a lot of good things about the White's coinmaster recently.
Good luck on your beach detecting!

Mike

OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
4-H said:
Great find!
The machine looks really nice too.
As you know, I am a Minelab dealer. Whites has always been reputable and dependable. The only reason I opted not to sell the machines, is because I was told a couple years ago,(By Whites) that they were not interested in donating machines for our kids program. This is why I have stuck so close to Minelab. They donate yearly, as does Tesoro and the distributor, Kellyco. These are the ONLY 2 manufactures and 1 distributor that were willing to help with the program. since then, we have become one of the bigger dealers for Minelab and will continue to support them and Tesoro.

I've heard a lot of good things about the White's coinmaster recently.
Good luck on your beach detecting!

Mike
It's a piece of &%*$###!!! No, it’s ok… just like to talk too much I gave it to my nephews. Went back to my Tesoro silver max for common use. Minelab is my favorite still have mu GT after 4 years. I have started a metal detecting and prospecting club in community and donated some of my older stuff mainly BHunter to the kids.

Happy hunting-I was thinking the other day-About using a drill with a large hole bit to recover some of the stuff faster and save my finder???? What you think will it work??? HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions