Got me a new detector and took it on its maiden voyage this a.m. .....

Jim C.

Jun 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer (is there another brand)
I have not swung a detector in two years so I was a little afraid that I might of forgotten what to listen for. I went to Hillsdale fairgrounds and only lasted for a little over an hour due to the rain. It was just spitting rain when I first got there but it became a steady downpour so I had to call it quits.
I did real well for the short time I was there. I only dug 4 targets. First one was the rosie, then the first 1914D barber dime, then a wheatie, last was another 1914D barber that was only a few feet away from the first.
I bought a used probe for the explorer 2 but it did not come with the clips to hold it to the detector. I had velcro on but that didn't last to long. I called Ralph at sunray and he wants $26 for two pieces of plastic. Heck with that. I have to come up with something though.
It was fun to get out again, the place was recently mowed and my coil was carrying tons of wet grass. I'm thinking about going there tomorrow a.m.. anyone want to meet up there and swing awhile? The finds are usually few and far between but I got lucky today with 3 silver in short order.

Attachments

• myphoto.jpg
    myphoto.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 269

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new detector Jim. Good to hear your getting back out again. Nice job on the Silver finds. :hello2: Gotta love them Barbers. Got plans tomorrow but would be willing to meet up next weekend.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was an excellent hunt for sure Jim :thumbsup: big congrats on the pair of 14D's and 53 rosie!!

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done for a first hunt with the new machine!

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jim....good to see youre back in the swing of things! congrats on a couple of Babers on your first time out in a while.....looking forward to seeing more of your posts!

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
It appears, my friend, that your memory didn't fail you, you didn't forget the sounds! Congrats on the nice silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread