Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paid Al a visit up at Prostock Tuesday, I knew what I was going to get before I even got there and that was the Whites V3i. I've been thinking about getting this machine for quite a while because I'm real skeptical of this machine but I've seen so many good reports on it. It rained hard pretty much all of Tuesday but late in the afternoon I managed to give it a short spin in a park down the street a block.

Tuesday finds

May11.1.JPG

Wednesday I took it to a spot I've hammered for years and managed to find a silver ring.

May12.2.JPG

Thursday I walked back down to the nearby park (I've hunted this park ever since I started detecting) and managed to conjure up a deep quarter

May13.1.JPG

since then I've really loaded up on the clad, I can say that IDing targets is a breeze with this machine however I miss the analog part of my MXT, it's going to take some getting use to but so far it's a great machine. A lot of money though :P

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
giant,

did you get the wireless headphones? if so what do you think of them?

steve :-)

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the new detector and new finds Giant! I've heard good things about that machine sniffing out the sivler and you got some to show! Nice hunts! :thumbsup:

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Giant, and good luck with your new machine. :icon_thumleft:

HH

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds and new detector. :icon_thumleft: I'm sure you'll make that detector pay for itself !

OP
OP
Giant056

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kaptainkosmic said:
giant,

did you get the wireless headphones? if so what do you think of them?

steve :-)
No I didn't get them. I figured I've been using cordless headphones for over 20 years on them and from what I've heard they really hog the batteries and figured maybe I'll get some later on down the road if I can get a good deal on a pair just to try them. Al didn't recommend them either.

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Silver, and good luck w/ your new machine! :thumbsup:

Good luck,
HH.

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds with your new machine. Like you I had been planning on buying one for quite some time. I picked up my V3i last Thursday from Don's Detectors in Midland.

Are you using the stock Coin and Jewelry program or ?

This machine sure sounds different from anything I had used before. I went out in my trashy yard and found a couple of Memorial cents that I had missed with my other detectors, but I really need to get a smaller coil to go through my yard thoroughly.

I got the wireless headphones which I need to get used to - feels weird not have a cord but I like it so far. I just wish that they made a behind the ears type so I could wear my cowboy hat while detecting like I had always done with my DFX.

Coming from a DFX makes learning this machine easier I believe, but I got a lot more to learn before I've mastered it.

Happy Hunting,

Scott

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When the Whites forum get back online, find the Coin and Jewelry program by Deolslyfox. The latest version was dated around Marck 2010 (I think). Before you attempt to load it, learn how to work some shortcuts posted by Carl. That program is a killer. Be patient since learning the V3 takes some repeated reading of instructions. It comes with time. But boy is it worth it. HH

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs! Did ya get a new one or a trade?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread