Newt

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
DD-777 said:
Nice digs Newt! How old are the rounds still in the shells?

:thumbsup:
I wish I knew! anyone-anyone?
Newt

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
they also look like those yankee 35 cal rounds not used very long though sca used them a bunch untill ammo ran out they took a bunch off a supply wagon raid

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the CW bullets Newt. :thumbsup:
Congrats,
MM

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
Very nice CW bullets.It is nice to find spencers all together because the ground usually does a number on the cases since they are so thin.The ground that you are hunting in must be pretty nice.If you can find any buttons they should also be pretty nice.Congrats on your CW bullets!!!!! :thumbsup:

fortbball9

duggap

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Detector(s) used
Tosoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those Spencer bullets are real keepers. I am not so sure it is the ground that eats up the casing but the black powder inside the casing that causes them to disintergrate. I saw a hunting buddy pull six out of one hole and two weeks later most of the casing was gone. The only ones I have that have stayed together are the ones I got out of the river water hunting. I sure hope yours stays intact, they are a real nice find.

chopper

Aug 6, 2007
La Grange, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites
Great finds Newt! I've only found one in the shell, and the bullet itself was in bad shape. Those look near perfect!

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
duggap said:
Those Spencer bullets are real keepers. I am not so sure it is the ground that eats up the casing but the black powder inside the casing that causes them to disintergrate. I saw a hunting buddy pull six out of one hole and two weeks later most of the casing was gone. The only ones I have that have stayed together are the ones I got out of the river water hunting. I sure hope yours stays intact, they are a real nice find.

Most of the time water gets inside of them and when it freezes the water expands then cracks the casing starting the disintegration process. So to find one still intact is quite amazing to me.

KFB

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
fortbball9 said:
Very nice CW bullets.It is nice to find spencers all together because the ground usually does a number on the cases since they are so thin.The ground that you are hunting in must be pretty nice.If you can find any buttons they should also be pretty nice.Congrats on your CW bullets!!!!! :thumbsup:

fortbball9
Nice job on the Spencer's....Now go find a button!!!! :thumbsup: Congrat's on the round's!!

OP
OP
Newt

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
As you might see, I destroyed the case on the one in the upper left.
Thanks everyone!
Newt

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions