GOT my 2nd silver for the year today!

slayer7

Nov 17, 2009
Greenwood, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I am 12 years old, my brother and I got an Ace 250 last year for Christmas. During the summer, I found my first silver (a '46 quarter pictured here). I have been on a silver dry spell for months now. I broke that dry spell today! I was hunting in a little park today (Indianola, MS) down from my grandmothers house and popped out a 1952 quarter. When I saw that silver I got pumped and QUICK! After I cleaned my precious silver, I had recognized I had chipped it with my digger (notice George's face :(). The silver I found today will make my 2nd for the year.
P.S. I am anxiously waiting on your replies ;D
Happy Hunting,
Rain

Attachments

• 1946.JPG
    1946.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 576
  • 1952.JPG
    1952.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 557
  • both-quarters.JPG
    both-quarters.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 558
Upvote 0

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Great find. Don't give up. There still out there somewhere, just finding the right spot. I've yet to find big silver the past 2 years since I got back to detecting after not for 20 years. I found 5 silver dimes this year. 3 Mercery and 2 Rosevelts.
May I say the scratch does hurt. You might try like I did this year and start using a sharpened piece of a fishing pole. I cut mine around 2 1/2 foot. I was using a screw driver last year and lucky all I was finding was clad, scratches here and there. I did find a few Wheatbacks.
HH
Ron

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
Hey good job, I don't think you did the damage to that coin, if you did it would be clean and shiney. It looks like an old scar to me but never the less keep looking theres plenty more out there.

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
12 yrs old? ....wow, i wish i was doing this at age 12, my best tip to you would be "learn about your area" ...research on your towns local history will give you many options and more places to hunt.

good job on the silver,
Pro-

U

umrgolf

Nice diggin buddy! Im 27 now and I started when I was 15, you have so many good years of detecting ahead of you... I promise it will never get old. Jeff

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Slayer, it does look like an old scratch, but don't worry about that. Today the silver value of that quarter is $3.40 for its silver content.....nice find!

MXT Man

Mar 12, 2008
:headbang: Great job finding your second silver. I am sure you will find many more. This hobby is called by many as dirt fishing. You never know what you will find or when. You will have a ball with your Detector for many years.

TejasDigger

Sep 5, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
deano said:
Hey good job, I don't think you did the damage to that coin, if you did it would be clean and shiney. It looks like an old scar to me but never the less keep looking theres plenty more out there.

I agree. Here is what a fresh scratch looks like on a 1919 wheatie I dug the other day.

metaldetecting218.jpg

Good job on the silver quarter!

filthyflyer39

Oct 18, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari
Nice job on the silver. Looks like we've got another young detector out here (I'm only a couple years older than you). Careful about giving away your location though. Good luck and happy hunting

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Nice work on the silver Rain! and i would also tend to think those are old scratches, but even if not be thankful that it was a Washington and not a Barber or Seated, and don't feel to bad, I would be willing to bet that not to many on here can claim to have never scratched a coin, keep at it and if you think you did that then do some practice pinpointing so when you find the next one you will be more sure! HH and good luck!

Chuck.

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats ON A GREAT FIND , KEEP DIGGING! :headbang:

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good going on the silver...wish I could make a find like that....I hope you keep at it and make even better finds.....off to a good start....I agree with the gentleman on research...you cant do it enough....ask some old timers around that area.....they know of old places and events and things that will give you lots of good places to hunt....pretty soon you will have so many places to hunt......I hope you enjoy your Ace 250 as much as I do....good machine....see ya later...

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
way to go there young tecter dude!! i got my first detecter when i was about your age and found a big old snap on wrench. i didnt see silver till many years later. so you done good. just follow the advice on this thread and you will produce more silver and maby gold. there wasnt computers when i was young. good luck!! willy

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deano said:

agreed, its old scratches & you didn't do it :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread