Got my 3rd 1974D double die obv of the year this week

Ifyndit

Dec 15, 2007
The Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Corte's, Golden Sabre II, Minelab X-Terra50
Went through $2,000 of halves I ordered from the bank this week and got (1) 90% Kennedy and (6) 40%. Cashed those in and bought $410 of hand rolled halves from another bank. Almost every single coin was pre 1980 and post 1971, so I felt I was going to get a double die. Sure enough about the second to the last roll I found a real nice one. That makes three for the year so far. Ya, I know it isn't worth much but it is better than getting skunked!

Upvote 0
How much are they worth? I found one a couple days ago. I also found a 72d DDR today that is so doubled you can easily see it with the naked eye. Any prices on this on also. Thanx.

Semper FI

I visited a rare coin store close to my house to find out the value and in MS65 I believe they are worth approximately $50 or so. The dealer told me if they aren't in MS condition any price I could get over 50 cents I should take. He told me since they are such a new coin the demand isn't that high for them. I don't know if he was trying to low ball me (knowing that I had one) or not. Either way, I keep looking for them and adding them to my collection. Maybe someday they will be worth my efforts! It is still pretty cool to find error coins while searching through coin rolls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back