Got my 6000di pro sl today

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well my 6000 came in today and I gave it a try. I have to admit that I have a lot to learn about this detector but it seemed to perform pretty well. I was using the 950 coil in a very trashy area so I know that I did not get the best out of the detector because the coil was so large. I am getting a 4X6 in about 2 weeks and I believe that it will change things dramatically. Here are my finds for today, I only got to spend about an hour with the detector. The token is pretty cool. It says All Quality Mints on one side and Good for 5 cents off a package of mints on the other side. It was also my deepest find at a little over 5 inches. Most of the coins were in the 2-3 inch depth except one quarter was around 4 and 1/2 inches deep. I really liked the difference in the roundness of the tones on the good targets. It is much more exaggerated with this detector than any other one I have ever used. I want to experiment with nickels. The park I was at was riddled with tabs and I didn't take the time to dig them since I was short of time.

Attachments

• finds 030507 resized.jpg
    finds 030507 resized.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 259
Upvote 0

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
My neighbor uses one of those. Once you get to know the machine, you will be able to tell the difference between a clad coin and a silver coin just by the sound.

King-John

Jan 14, 2007
Grass Valley, Ca.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/X1 Probe, Whites 6000 XL pro, Ace 250,
I have owned a 6000 PRO XL for many years now, is the di sl the same? Anolog? I use the 950 coil in almost every place, except VERY VERY VERY TRASHY areas, you get to know the machine by both tone and signal reading, there is alot of info I can share with you if the di sl is close to the same as the one I have, there is almost no dought on what a nickel is.
I also have a 4x6 Double D coil but don't get the depth that I do with the 950.
jkmding9ng.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread