Sep 27, 2011
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic5 ID
White's Surf Master II with the dive rod
Garrett Treasure Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was detecting a local lakefront park that gave me 50+ clads and some ear rings earlier this season when I decided to redo the dirt parking lot after seeing a plow cut from last weeks 24" snow storm had removed 4" of earth. Right off the bat I got a strong shallow tone and underneath the leaf litter was the ring. I finished out the day with 12 pennies, 3 dimes, 3 quarters and a piece of printing type set.

Attachments

• 11-10-11 at french\'s park.jpg
    11-10-11 at french\'s park.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 789
Upvote 0

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great job on the gold. I don't know if I'd have the patience to hunt in a dirt parking lot.

OP
OP
riverdiver

riverdiver

Sep 27, 2011
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic5 ID
White's Surf Master II with the dive rod
Garrett Treasure Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bobbypins,

Thanks for the nice comment, several of our lake front parks have dirt parking lots including the State ones. If I am getting skunked at the beach or in the water, the parking lot has always given me good finds and they are almost always shallow due to the compaction of the soil. I had hit this lot in October but I only did the line where the drivers door is. The ring was found out in the middle along with two deep (6"+) quarters, so I am always learning new things here.

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any gold found MDing makes for a good day ! I hope you get your second this year as well ! G.L. M.R.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread