Got my first Indian head penny!!! The date is 1905!!! Clad Quarter Total Update!

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Hey guys! Today was another awesome day! I started my adventure at 7:30am in the morning. I really wanted to go detecting today because it was suppose to be really sunny today! I ended up at another soccer field that I have not hit before and I went at it! :) I dug so many quarters it is unbelievable! No silver today though. I then decide to go to Veterans Memorial Field, which has been pounded to death by me. I dug a quarter and a penny out of that field. While driving home, I wanted to go to another spot, but decided to go home since I had been hunting for three hours.

Once getting home, I let the dog outside and went on Yahoo Messenger to chat with JuJu. JuJu told me that he was going to go hunting. I immediatly asked if I could go. He said yes. I put the dog back in the laundry room, then I was off on yet another adventure to Tacoma to detect with my buddy, JuJu. Traffic was horrible going down, everyone was at a none stop pace for 10-20 minutes. Turns out someone had just had an accident, which was sad.

After awhile, I arrived at JuJu's house. JuJu had two spots that he wanted to check out. We checked those out and got nothing. JuJu then led us to another spot that has been kicking out a lot of old coins between him and I.

I don't recall how long we were into our hunt, but I got an Iffy signal that was 7 inches deep. I decided to dig it anyway and out popped a 1905 indian head penny!!!!!!! I was almost having a heart attack when I found the coin! I yelled to JuJu and he told me to calm down! I was doing the happy dance while sitting down! My heart was racing at the speed of light! I did not know that I would dig an indian head penny today, but I did!

After all the excitement, JuJu took the picture and then we started to hunt more. 10-20 minutes after I got my indian head penny, JuJu yelled at me to come over. JuJu had a really good nickle signal that he dug. It was deep too, the hole was 9 inches, if I do recall. JuJu uncovered a really old nickle! :) He will tell you more about it in his post! :)

Today, was a good day overall and the temperatures even held out for us! March madness is over for metal detecting and tonight I will pause and enjoy a coke (Coca Cola). ;D

twogoodcoinsformarch26th002.jpg

twogoodcoinsformarch26th004.jpg

twogoodcoinsformarch26th003.jpg

Upvote 0

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Detectingfreak said:
Once getting home, I let the dog outside and went on Yahoo Messenger to chat with JuJu. JuJu told me that he was going to go hunting. I immediatly asked if I could go. He said yes. I put the dog back in the laundry room, then I was off on yet another adventure to Tacoma to detect with my buddy, JuJu.
Poor dog! :( ;D

Congrats on your first Indian!! Yours is in great shape compared to my first! WTG! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Re: Got my first Indian head penny!!! The date is 1905!!! Clad Quarter Total Upd

Congrats on your first

Happy Hunting,

Dugholes

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21
Re: Got my first Indian head penny!!! The date is 1905!!! Clad Quarter Total Upd

Hey nice coin for your collection! Keep those oldies coming!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Awesome digs dude. Indian Heads aren't the most common thing in the state as I'm sure you know. Very very cool, keep it goin

-Washingtonian

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, I know you'll find some more, great feeling though, Charlie :thumbsup:

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -

Congrats on the IH !!!!! good luck on your next hunt !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread