got my first netal detector tuesday, had a fun weekend at daytona beach!

gildeal

Sep 9, 2011
Daytona Beach florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okay, bought a brand new bounty hunter 1st Texas pilot metal detector last Tuesday afternoon, drove the hour over to kellyco. showroom and got it, went detecting this weekend and found some cool stuff! just got started, and have found so far most the fun is in the research and the history behind things you find, or the area you hunt!
for instance, my four 1943 wheat pennies, didn't know about the history behind that particular dated penny, that only a handful of them where struck in copper because of the shortage in ww11. neat, mine where the steel pennies of course, but gained some knowledge worth far more than 4 cents!
found a piece of costume jewelry that for a second made my heart pound! and found myself a very fun hobby! am already looking at my next detector! hehehe... fun.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 122
OP
OP
gildeal

gildeal

Sep 9, 2011
Daytona Beach florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: got my first metal detector tuesday, had a fun weekend at daytona beach!

gildeal said:
okay, bought a brand new bounty hunter 1st Texas pilot metal detector last Tuesday afternoon, drove the hour over to kellyco. showroom and got it, went detecting this weekend and found some cool stuff! just got started, and have found so far most the fun is in the research and the history behind things you find, or the area you hunt!
for instance, my four 1943 wheat pennies, didn't know about the history behind that particular dated penny, that only a handful of them where struck in copper because of the shortage in ww11. neat, mine where the steel pennies of course, but gained some knowledge worth far more than 4 cents!
found a piece of costume jewelry that for a second made my heart pound! and found myself a very fun hobby! am already looking at my next detector! hehehe... fun.

scott jacobs

Apr 17, 2010
vancouver. wa. brush prairie / hockinson
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX / whites XLT/whites MXT and cobra beach magnet for water detecting.bulleye 2 pinpointer and the Garrett carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gildeal said:
found a piece of costume jewelry that for a second made my heart pound! and found myself a very fun hobby! am already looking at my next detector! hehehe... fun. mxt whites

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Welcome to the Hobby and to TNET as well. Your off to a good start, just keep at it and enjoy..... :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread