got my first ring!!!

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
Went to a park near with the kids that is very busy with walkers and bicyclists and picnicers, etc. Well at first I wanted to go to a school playground since I am now hooked on detecting them. Well we went here instead and at first I was not even going to take the detector out of the trunk because all of the people. Well I decided to stay near the parking lot away from the main crowd of people. There were a couple of picnic benches there so me and my son started there. I let him start first just to get a feel for how people were going to react to us. A few kids were watching but no one really came by us and left us alone. I mainly detect areas were no one usually is so the crowds are new to me.
Anyway we got a couple of pennies and a fishing weight and some square metal thing (in pic). Then a lady and her family were getting in their car near us. She asked how I was doing and told her about the 2 pennies. She was excited for me with just those so we got talking a little and she was saying she was always wanting to get one. She asked if it was a heavy thing so I let her try it and she was amazed how light it was. Naturally the next question was the price and again she was amazed that she could get what I had (Ace 250) for around $200. Well then she told me good luck and got in her car. I started swinging again and got a good signal a few seconds after we finished talking. Dug a couple of inches and out pops my first ring! I was happy and she was still there so I went up to the car and showed her my first ring. She was very happy for me! I told her she brought me good luck!. Well after that the wife and mother-in-law were ready to go and I had a great find so I was okay to leave. Went to a couple of the schools my wife used to go to but they were all fenced off for construction and they don;t start school until next Monday.

Ayway it's not much of a ring but it is my first of hopefully many more to come. It is the initial "M" and the bottom right end of the M ends into a devils tail. Looks like it was snapped off because the cut looks clean.

Thanks for looking and hope you all had a good day detecting today.

Funkman

Attachments

• IMG_1141.JPG
    IMG_1141.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 237
Upvote 0
T

Tarbaby

It sure feels good to get the first ring, then you start hitting them on a regular basis.

Good find

Maggot

Jun 3, 2005
Washington state
Congrats on your first ring! I'm sure there will be many more to follow. Just got to be at the right place at the right time and a little luck and patience don't hurt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread