Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not the best work schedule, but its only for a few months... Thursday and Friday 11pm - 7am , Saturday and Sunday 7pm - 7am, for 40 hours a week at $10 an hour. The bad part is that I only get out on the weekends to metal detect and go to a shop and talk about detecting.

Hey guy's I will still go out and hunt with you all on the weekends, so don't worry about that!!

Oh well, I want to get 2 more detectors (Greg has both) and this is the fastest way to pay for them.

I am picking up the rent-a-cop uniform (just a joke, I don't mean to offend anybody) tomorrow, and I am hoping to start on Thursday or Friday. The site is a warehouse/ factory, I just hope that the other guards are easy going and not "super cops". I have done 4 years in the USMC (Combat Engineer), and 4 years as a security guard, and have seen plenty of "super cops" and just flat-out lazy "rent-a-cops". I like to think that I fall in between them. Well thats about it, thanks for looking...

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Good luck with the new job...hopefully the guys will be somewhere in between...have worked with both and you are right....the middle is best! :wink:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck to you with your new schedule. :thumbsup:

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
You'll do fine, you're the kind of "gets along with anyone" type of guy from what I've experienced, and if they're still a-holes, then screw them. :icon_sunny:

Joe

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well now that you mention it, I could use like 20 lbs of pulled pork for sandwiches!!!! If you could drop it off on Sunday that would be great!!! :icon_jokercolor: :whip2: LOL

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when you get done and get enough cash for your new babies,i'll have you guys over for darts,beer,and enough pork to get your fill and then some

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet!!! just as long as we don't drink all of your wifes beer... LOL

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZING!,she can keep the bottles,we''ll still have the keg ;D

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL!!! Now thats what I call a party!!!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
2nd job to deal with insomnia? Not when there's beer available! Good luck and have fun.

Goio

Sep 15, 2003
All over!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-Trac, Excalibur II
I worked the graveyard shift for three years :tard: that cured my insomnia for sure!!! No more late nights for me, I learned to appreciate a good nights sleep! :thumbsup:

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hated 2nd shift,did it for 9 years,only good thing was going to the bars afterward,everybody was already drunk and you didn't have to put in the time or $$$$$$$$$$$ :wink: :D ;D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Montana Jim said:
I worked all kinds of shifts for the last 25 years... I love the night shift best.

Night shift was always the most interesting in police work for sure. What I hated was the relief shift...Monday day shift, Tues & Weds swing shift, Thurs & Fri night graveyard......gracious that one kicked my butt good! Luckily I was right across the street from fire and safety so I would just go crash there then go on all their calls til time to go back napping in between! rofl Sure couldn't keep up with that kind of stuff now.....I sooooo need my beauty sleep! rofl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread