guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Beach boy , You will get the cheese with that detector, I had one ... try in stay in the less trashy areas stay in the wet sand verses the dry sand ,, the water is really good.. i found a lot of loot with mine,,, good luck :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: guzz1

nudels

Jun 21, 2008
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Vantage AD-14, Tesoro Sand Shark
Welcome to the Cult Of The Sandshark(tm). I have been out with mine once for a few hours, part wet part dry sand hunting, didn't find gold but it was the honeymoon outing. Also I have never been in the surf before and took a blind shot as to where to go hunting.

My report links here:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,172826.0.html

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,172834.0.html

So far i've been quite pleased with performance, depth, etc.. looking forward to getting a Nuttall and trying the surf again, as soon as time permits.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
What beachs are you hunting?

I'm using my Sandshark and having a great time with it. It really loves iron though. If I don't get the beeping treasure by the 4th scoop I continue on. When it keeps getting louder the deeper I dig it usually turns out to be rusty iron from busted up crab traps over a foot deep. I'm usually hunting in 3-4 feet of water, I don't like dry sand.

Also, I look at the condition of the coins and bottle caps I'm picking up. It kind of tells me how old the stuff is I'm finding. When I find a really old crusty bottle cap one scoop down I know I'm working a 'fresh' area that hasn't been hunted out. The new clean bottle caps tell me I'm in fresh drop areas that may get hunted more frequently.

Good luck with the sandshark.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread