Got my second Merc today! (Video Added)

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Went for a little lunch hunt at a park with my Dad today and scored a 1943-S Merc on my second target! The first was a crusty Zincoln. The Merc was maybe 3 or 4" down right next to and slightly above a bent finishing nail. I was getting a one way signal but it was sweet enough to dig. Lately I've been digging a lot of nails but I've also been rewarded now with two mercs and a silver ring recently. BTW: I was using my new 6" Detech Excelerator coil and I don't believe it would have been possible to locate this dime with a larger coil. So far my first two mercs have come using this coil ;)

DSCN0435_sm.jpg

DSCN0440_sm.jpg

DSCN0439_sm.jpg

Upvote 0

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Re: Got my second Merc today!

Way to go (again) bud! :thumbsup:
I got a feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg for you.
Keep em coming!
Mike

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2007
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE

Nice Merc, they sure are pretty coming out of the ground. Many more to come for you I am sure.
JDD

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX

Good work! I have been using the 6" for the last two months...amazing coil and dead on pinpointing.... :thumbsup:

vision quest

Jul 8, 2007
RENSSELAER, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Excalibur II
Minelab SDC 2300

WOW!!! Very nice merc. What did you use to get the great enlargements. Those pictures are so clear and sharp. Nice job!

OP
OP
Brett

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1

mikewaz said:
Way to go (again) bud! :thumbsup:
I got a feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg for you.
Keep em coming!
Mike
Gosh I hope so! I'm starting to look at all of these "trashy" areas differently with the small coil... that's for sure! HH Mike!

HotTexas said:
It's Purdy ;D
Not as purty as my first one, but I scratched my first so this one being non-digger-scratched and an S-mint make me VERY happy :D

John Deere Digger said:
Nice Merc, they sure are pretty coming out of the ground. Many more to come for you I am sure.
JDD
Thanks JDD!! One day I'll shower myself in silvers like Captn_SE Dan hopefully!

DFX-SE Gregg said:
Good work! I have been using the 6" for the last two months...amazing coil and dead on pinpointing.... :thumbsup:
Yes I'm LOVING this coil so far! It takes time to cover an area, but if I come away with something good it's all worth it. If these coils were a tad more economical more people would be buying them and finding out they are great to have in their arsenal! HH Gregg!

vision quest said:
WOW!!! Very nice merc. What did you use to get the great enlargements. Those pictures are so clear and sharp. Nice job!
Thanks Vision Quest! I just use my Nikon S600 in Close-Up Scene mode and snap it about an inch or so over the coin. My lighting is not the greatest, or it would be a little less yellow, but it does the trick. I usually then crop it and reduce the image size by at least a factor of 3 or more ;) The S600 is a great little camera, but the video mode has a little to be desired.

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Great job finding that Merc Brett. That nail was masking it for maybe 50 years, but somehow you sniffed it out like a silver bloodhound. My DFX couldn't produce a tone ID or even a positive VDI number on it.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
One day I'll shower myself in silvers like Captn_SE Dan hopefully!

You just may someday, Root! :D :icon_king: Congrats on your Merc!

As long as my Pro coil keeps rewarding me, I'm keeping it on my machine. It's just too good a coil to not be using it.. :icon_king:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Tim_IL

May 23, 2008
IL
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Whites DFX
Yo Brother congrats on your second Merc, and how cool to dig silver on your 2nd target. Keep those sweet videos coming. :thumbsup:

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forget the merc that video was sweet... :icon_scratch: No both are sweet, keep them coming !!

Keep @ It and HH!! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread