DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back to the new spot yesterday evening. The conditions are terrible, but at least have all this rain going for it. Found one whole one. It is a pretty crudely made point but I am happy with it. Also found a few brokes. 008.JPG 006.JPG .............This guy would have been a sweet little bird point, it is a shame it was broke 009.JPG

Upvote 0

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
I'm glad you were able to get out and find some artifacts. We don't know what rain is in southwest Georgia.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad you were able to get out and find some artifacts. We don't know what rain is in southwest Georgia.
lol, yeah we usually don't get this much rain like this ,this time of year. Hoping it is a good sign for this coming summer when we really need it.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice quartz points you found!
Thanks, Mostly all I find around here are quartz pieces. Get lucky every blue moon and catch one made from a nicer material, like chert. I like the brown sugar and rose quartz pieces too, but seem to be far and few. not allot of different material around here. I am thinking because there is such a abundant source of white quartz is one reason they used it so much.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So many quartz points are thick due to the rocks they had to use. I would guess they learned not to thin them out much due to being so brittle. I bet you find plenty of broken ones from trying to thin them out. Nice bunch you found and with rain which we all enjoy the bad side is the weeds grow back faster and taller.

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love those quartz points. Same boat around here. I like that clear one. Good hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread