Got one in before the blizzard hit! Ohhh Yeahhhh!

all_atv

May 26, 2009
SE Iowa
Got out for 2 hours today in a new stream before the snow hit. I walked till the bars were all covered in snow then hightailed it back. Only one find but I'm happy! What type is it? Its 3'"long. And no its not obsidian. Were getting 3-6" of snow tonight!

Also found a shed, dead buck, and a very unlucky stuck doe.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 663
  • 11111.jpg
    11111.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 662
  • 111111.jpg
    111111.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 664
  • deer2.jpg
    deer2.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 662
  • deer.jpg
    deer.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 658
  • deer fence.jpg
    deer fence.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 661
Upvote 0

iowa trout

Dec 9, 2010
Congrats atv looks like a good one ,intresting deer day as well.Getting a snow pounding right now squeaking in a hunt was worth it for ya allright.

mad.co.walker

Oct 28, 2010
madison county illinois
great point !!!!!! ensor or darl :dontknow: :dontknow: not sure that type found up there just going by a few pics ive seen. more snow ice and now wind here in mad. co. geeeeezzzzzz !!!! are you going to the collinsville illinois show ?

Jonzer

Feb 12, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Natural Eyeball Pressure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice point.
Time to shed hunt before the mice eat em.
Another 5 inches of snow today. AAAARRRRRRGH!

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Yeah that's a winner right there. Always nice when they're laying out fully exposed, no question if th eears are broke or the tip missing. Really nice point, large and in good condition. I don't know on the type. I'd guess it's an archaic side-notch but I usually have a lot of trouble differentiating between the different types.

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
am on right site and will stay on topic! t. y. love your as found photo and im hand nice. would love to have that points mate for my own.. looked it up in projecyile point types .com, iowa section, all that i could find that was even close to a match was a point called [tama 9000-3000 bp. lets see you think!!! T.

OP
OP
all_atv

all_atv

May 26, 2009
SE Iowa
Yes it has a minor left hand bevel on both sides. Never heard of esnore or darl but after looking them up don't think they're quite the type.
I'm thinking Hemphill myself, after looking in some books. Since the edges are curved inward, I think that means its been resharpened. It seems like there's so many types, with just slight differences, or 2 or 3 books will all type them differently. I'm beginning to question what all the point types actually mean. I won't be going to the collinsville show this year, I'll have to make it someyear though. Thanks for all the replies

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread