Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Found some gold there last weekend but dug no treasure and all trash today. Lots of nails, bullets, cans, sheet metal, spikes and the guy I was beeping with found a nice chisel. Great day out with the wife and kids, and they got a chance to shoot their new built AR15 military spec assault rifle. Fun gun to shoot, but now the wife wants one for Xmas:BangHead:

Upvote 0

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carried one like it for years in the service. Good rifles. Its a two edge sword having a assault rifle, but training the family in how to use one should be mandatory. Dont get me wrong, I dont think guns have a place in town outside your own property. But its a good shooting rifle if taken care of. Oh, shooting in the wilderness is not what I meant. I help run ranges while station in the military and know too well the mistakes folks make and how easy it is for accidents to happen. This was trained folks who wore the uniform and shot their weapons regularly too. You can not have enough training on one.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oakview,
Nothing like training others on how to properly handle firearms. I think it's a wonderful thing that your wife want's one now, seems you have a good woman there. One can never have enough safety training as safety concerns Never go away regardless of how long you've been out shooting. I'm going on 61 years of shooting firearms and I still need to keep my mind on what I'm doing with one and sometimes I have to shake my head at myself for what I've just done while handling one. Though no accidental firings to date or close calls at all save for hand thrown Banana Slugs.......................63bkpkr

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Herb

She put in 24 years in the Air Guard and AF, had to weapons qualify with the M-16, so I give her a wide berth:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread