Got out for a bit.....And found goodies

Mighty_Mouse

Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro, HeadHunter Pirate
Went to a few sand play area at 2 parks i hit every few weeks. Well learned the hard way to hunt places like this with no disc. on. Went back through one of the places with new settings and wow some of the things i missed. My heart stoped when i saw all them pretty stones. Didn't see any makring on the gold part so didn't get to excited. Stoped by pawn shop to get em tested though (one can dream can't they lol) had fun and got out. Bout all i care about. HH

Attachments

• sand park area.jpg
    sand park area.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 293
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff Mouse!! :o Glad you had a great time!!!!!

Nana ;)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you learned something and found some goodies doing it! ?Some of the old silver coins I dig up here in Germany sound like and VDI as foil or trash, usually is trash but every once in awhile it's a small silver. ?Smaller rings on the beach will also sound like trash. ?The best discriminator is a shovel, LOL! ?HH, Mike

OP
OP
Mighty_Mouse

Mighty_Mouse

Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Jake: ?I collect knifes so finding this was almost as fun as finding gold hehe. ?It opens up but i think it use to be an auto. ?It has a button you push but instead of fliping out like i think it should you have to pull it open. ?Nothing saying what brand it is though. ?Looks geniric with the use of screws instead of alenwrench.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
A knifes a knife though. You can always use it for cutting turf, since its a cheapy, it won't be a big deal to dirty it up and dull the blade on rocks.

Nice finds!

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
?The best discriminator is a shovel,

Tot Lots and playgrounds are like yard sales with out a Price.

Kermit

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
ya know you did a great thing by removing that knife from the park. some kid could have really carved him/her self up with it.great finds! ;)

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
hmmm so its a switch? wonder what that was doing in a park. I rig my knifes to open with a flick of the wrist. I also have alot of friends who know alot about knives, they know exactly what to file down so it opens right. I too collect knives and bayonets and machetes, just facinating and fun to chop stuff with :D

OP
OP
Mighty_Mouse

Mighty_Mouse

Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Yep sad that we find things like the knife in a kids play area. This park was the same that i found about 12 live 22s at right in front of one of the swings. Thought i was going to pop out the gun they went to also.

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Golly you guys live in rough neighborhoods. Only thing we use guns for up here is hunting and the knives are for gutting and cleaning., Just kidding, we shoot tourists too. Otherwise, why would they call it tourist season?.. Really nice finds, I can't believe those things were all found in the tot areas...Congrats...Lance

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
tourist season :D

i carry a knife and/or bb gun for protection, but in think whoever droped that stuff was up to no good in a park...

jimbt

Aug 13, 2005
Mont Alto Pa.
Thats some really nice stuff. I love to see the cars. I know some of the places we lived when i was a kid have them buried in the yard.
jimbt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread