Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I have yet to ever figure that lecroy out. I wonder what they were thinking when they made those? They are very cool.
TnMtns

OP
OP
Bent-Twig

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
artorius,

We are blessed in this area w/those little points. I usually find one or two a year here if the rains come.

TnMountains,

They sure could not have been used for anything heavy duty . Every one of them that I have found have been really thin. At the same time though , most of them seem to have been resharpend also , so they were dulling them up using them somehow. I wonder if anyone has studied this type for its use?

Twig.

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
nice find twig,i have found a few of those over the years,not so uncommon here in central ohio.i too am waiting on some rain,got a lot of fields just waiting for some h2o,thats kind of why i have been hitting the creeks a little more lately. :thumbsup:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bent-Twig said:
artorius,

We are blessed in this area w/those little points. I usually find one or two a year here if the rains come.

TnMountains,

They sure could not have been used for anything heavy duty . Every one of them that I have found have been really thin. At the same time though , most of them seem to have been resharpend also , so they were dulling them up using them somehow. I wonder if anyone has studied this type for its use?

Twig.

Did you see the post where they studied the wear marks on points with a microscope to determine the use? I found it very interesting. Another hobby maybe??? lol
Take care

TnMtns

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice LeCroy Bent-Twig. We find quite a few of those in my area as well. I always figured they were Dart Points put on the end of a small shaft and thrown with an Atl-Atl.

Here's a few of my better Bifurcate Points. Most of these are from the same spot.

Attachments

• Steve Valentine Collection 140 (Large).jpg
    Steve Valentine Collection 140 (Large).jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 219
  • Steve Valentine Collection 140 (Large).jpg
    Steve Valentine Collection 140 (Large).jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 222

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread