Got out today

Maxlfty

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a seasonal creek in Shasta County. Last year it was high and dry, so this is my first trip out here in a while.
I believe in traveling light. Just one 5 gallon bucket and a 2 gallon bucket. Also my Angus McKirk.
The creeks around here were mined hard. First by the euros who took the gravy. Then the Chinese who tea spooned them. So my tactics are work the crevices. Go deep clean them with a wire brush. I don't move much material this way. But I don't have much time so quality over quantity.
I know my cleanup don't look like much. But I didn't move much dirt. So I consider it a successful day.
I'm going to return and continue to follow the crack around to the other side. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454638956.722900.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454639064.394286.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454639149.833852.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454639298.755000.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454639332.840919.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454639350.825494.jpg

Last edited:
Attachments don't work.

stiff bristle brushes are much better and detector friendly.....also i see a lot of other cracks that would break open pretty easily! Just keep scrapin' !

I bet you get better color at the end where the reverse v is and don't neglect the other one up by your gear

Cool solid advice , thanks.

So let's take a look at this - you found some gold, you found some history, you Got Out, looks like great weather though I'd guess a touch on the nippy side. Seems to me you are doing just fine. In time either more in quantity or size will come your way as if you will recall "Gold is where you find It" and It plays tricks of all sorts to befuddle our efforts to recover It!

I've worked at it for quite a few years, not all the time but on and off, I've found some 'nice' pickers or as some have called them flakes. Put together near a quarter ounce once and it was lovely! The adventure was worth more than the gold. And of course I plan to continue and eventually I believe I will do just fine with it.

Hang in there and keep enjoying being out and not having to lug any more equipment than you do........................63bkpkr

Do the math , you can ruffly figure how much material you moved to get your Gold . It did'nt look like you had to move to much to me. I would be happy if , I ran a couple 5 gallon pails and got that much Gold .

I followed Gold Washers advice. Up graded my brushes and bought a chisel.
Went back and chipped away.
Same crack all I did was chip and sweep.
The last flake came from the mud packed in the corner of a small bucket. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454974761.048905.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454974791.199828.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454974811.000044.jpg

Very nice. Yea you might as well just go ahead and destroy that rock! She's holding...dynamite anyone lol

Bust out the heavy machinery

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back