got out with the club today (silver!)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
got out today with a new club i just joined. we hunted an old defunct amusement park and despite it being " hunted out " for the last 30 years, a lot of the group managed to find some nice old coins. i got these two mercs (1918 S and a 1926) and six wheat cents. the mercs were damn near black so i cleaned them with the old boiling water , baking soda and aluminum foil method. (yeah yeah i know never clean coins, ::) but these don't really have any numismatic value anyway and they look a lot better with the rest of my mercs all shiney ;D) it was a great day to be out and i really had a lot of fun hunting a new spot with the club. thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 04-19-2008 07;01;21PM.jpg
    04-19-2008 07;01;21PM.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 439
Upvote 0

Lamont.Scraps

Jan 8, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Sounds like a good spot the club put you on! The coins look nice cleaned up...A two merc day sounds good to me!!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow Nice merc's Hollow... looks like ya found a cool group too :thumbsup:

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Allright, Keith. They look alot better than they did in your hand. I'm sure you'll find replacements that don't need that severe cleaning. It really was a good day and it was surprising to find those silvers. Wish I had hunted that place years ago. We'll have to do it again sometime.
Bob

OP
OP
hollowpointred

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
NORTHEAST HUNTER said:
Very nice :thumbsup:,So how do you like being a part of a club?I always think of joining one but not sure.

i haven't been a member for long, only two hunts with them, but so far its been fun! i have known Bob for a while before this, but the other guys and girls i am just getting to know now. everyone seems to be really cool and the camaraderie of hunting with a larger group of people is really enjoyable. I'm glad a joined. thanks for the nice replies everyone.

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
OH YEAH ~ I love seeing those old silver coins! You did awesome!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Congrats on the mercs Keith! I'm enjoying the group hunting. It is a nice mix of people.

GoingDown

Jul 8, 2005
King William III Copper (1695-1703) Mid-Hudson Va
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Keith....congrats on the two silver pretty ladies!! Good looking coins!

I can only assume that the new "group" has placed your new membership on some sort of "probation". Just behave, keep up with the medication ... and do NOT take the very sharp digging tool out on hunts. OK?!

GD :)

OP
OP
hollowpointred

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Earthworks said:
Mercs? Wheats, man you need to come back to us! :D Good job.

hahaha aint that the truth! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread