Got Out With The CZ-21 Today , Got One Nice 925, Pics Added.

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out and did some Lake Erie hunting today , the second target was an 8 gram 925 men's ring. Not much else exciting but it was nice to be out.

I really like the CZ-21 it works pretty much identical to the CZ-20, the pinpoint button takes a little getting used to if you use that, on the 21 you have to tap a metal pad instead of pushing a button in. It seems like I can run the sensitivity a little higher on the 21. I got the one with the 10 1/2 inch coil for better coverage. Hope to get out and dive with it soon.

Keep up the good finds!
Steve

Attachments

• IMG_0317.JPG
    IMG_0317.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0318.JPG
    IMG_0318.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 300
Upvote 0

makahaman

Sep 22, 2006
Northshore, Hawaiian Islands
Hey Goldiver how do you like the CZ-21? I was thinking about getting this machine for Hawaii but no one has posted anything about it but you so far. Do you use any other machine for diving? Is the CZ-21 easy to set up? I would love to hear what you have to say about this machine as I am thinking about getting one for diving. Aloha ;D

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Great looking ring Goldiver, big keeper too wtg :thumbsup:
Glenn

OP
OP
Goldiver

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gamiller said:
Nice ring . Lake Erie that's got to be cold ! Greg

Yea, It is still pretty cold, but not bad at all with neoprene chest waders. :)

OP
OP
Goldiver

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
makahaman said:
Hey Goldiver how do you like the CZ-21? I was thinking about getting this machine for Hawaii but no one has posted anything about it but you so far. Do you use any other machine for diving? Is the CZ-21 easy to set up? I would love to hear what you have to say about this machine as I am thinking about getting one for diving. Aloha ;D

I really like the CZ line of detectors. The first one I had was a CZ-6, then I got the CZ-70, I liked them so much I got the CZ-20, and now have the CZ-21. I really think you can't go wrong with a CZ-21, I have just never used any of them in salt water, but I have heard they do well there. I liked the 20 for diving, and haven't had a chance to use the 21 yet for diving. The setup is really easy, just slide the lower stem back as far as it will go that shortens it up real nice. Before I go under I put the earphones around my neck after making sure to pull the rubber plugs on the sides, that way they won't float off your head as you are going down. It is very easy to use underwater, though the detector is slightly positively buoyant. I just sweep with my right hand and fan the target area with my left. I haven't used any other detectors for diving yet.

I guess there is really not too much to add about the CZ-21 over the CZ-20, other than what I have already noticed about being able to run the sensitivity a little higher, but that may be just my detector in my environment, I haven't heard anyone else mention anything about it. I guess the battery compartment gasket is different, it doesn't really look different just thicker on one side. The faceplate seal looks different too, like a different material.

Good hunting to you!

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread