got permission to hunt dozens of acres of fields today

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what a nice day. I got some work done in the yard, and while I was out there a farmer who was out spraying weeds in his field stopped by to see what I was doing. (I'm building a small shed in the back yard, I guess that peaked his interests)

We got to talking, and apparently he lived in my house at one point in time while his current home was being built many years ago. My yard was originally a full acre, then he planted half of it when he moved out and still does to this day. I had no idea until today, and I've lived on this property 30 years. I asked him if perhaps we could work something out for the other half acre but he didn't seem very interested in selling it. I tried to sweet talk him telling him I'd like to build a barn someday, then he said to let him know when the time comes. So theres a chance haha.

Then it hit me! Ask this guy if I can detect his field!

So I did, and he said sure! He asked that I wait until the crops are cut for the season so I am on hold for now, but who cares? I just got permission to detect hundreds of acres! His only request was to please stop by his house before I go out there for the day so he knows who is on the property. no problemo!

Anyways I am just excited that I can now hunt the land around my home. And now that I know my yard used to be double the current size, I need to dig up some info and figure out how it was laid out and hunt that area first!

anyone else get a nice permission today??

Robotics

Feb 20, 2016
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds great! I know you cant wait.

I almost thought I was going to get a great permission, but I got a No instead. And this time it really hurts. I have known this guy for 16 some years. He has many acres of land. For years I have been wanting to ask him for permission but just couldn't for some reason.
So I finally got the nerve and was turned down pretty fast. But he did explain that the field is leased out to growers, and something about insurance and liability issues.

I walked away a very sad person. His field is extremely close to a civil war battle filed. :crybaby2:

OP
OP
dirtwizard

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah I was thinking that had I asked him to hunt the land prior to asking him to sell it to me he might have said no. either way, I'm ready for the fall harvest ASAP!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
22126.gif

Top Member Reactions