mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got away for the weekend and when we got home we been robbed. Detectors DFX and Bounty hunter plus our coins collection. My 8 yr old daughter is very upset over her Bounty Hunter and her coins. She love to get out with me hunting and adding coins to her collection. Don't know what the insurance will cover but I know we will not recover half of it. I told my daughter we will get her another detector but it may will be awhile before we can get it. Plus I will get her new books and coin as we can. If anyone has any coins books that they would sell to me cheap I would appricate it. Thanks in advance Matt and Hope

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they got some of everything my daughter had some Indaian cent, lg cents both book on Lincolns, she had like 10 mercs, around 20 Rosies a dz washington . I had silver bars silver dollars plus my trade dollar that I had found & halfs back to seated same thing on dimes and nickels. plus a 5 dollar gold piece. I know it was a nice collection that they got.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that makes me wanna heart punch people

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
mlayers bad bad news. Make sure you file a report with the police and keep your eye on the coin and pawn shops for a while. As far as cheap coin books, they are all cheap if you can find em. How about treasure mags? I can UPS you a twenty pound box of recent Lost Treasure and W&E treasure mags if you want, on my dime. Chin up mate! You might get your things back and if not there are still more treasures out there to be found.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry about the Robbery!!! I sucks that Some Slimeball Would Do that!!!! Chug I Cant Get Her A New Detector But I Would Like to Send Her One Of My Favorite Coins!!! It A Roman Coin That I won In One Of Cappyz auctions!!! It will Be A great Start to Her New Collection Pm Me And Address to Mail it to Chug and Red

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is terrible...Keep an eye on the online auction sites, maybe the items will turn up and the scum can be apprehended!

sincerely,
cc

generic username

Jul 7, 2008
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
ctx3030, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
terrible to hear that, and that probably really killed her spirit. sorry to hear about your loss.

neighbor just had a similar thing happen except all that was taken was a 5 gallon carboy of pennies... we all suspect it was one of his sons friends :dontknow:

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your insurance should replace your detectors and whatever else you lost minus your deductible. The coins are different. Collectables are covered but have a cap on how much. Usually the cap is $10,000 (in TN anyway). Insurance can vary to the extreme from state to state but that part of the policy is usually pretty similar. They will want a police report. Like the rest of the crew said watch Craigslist and the Pawn Shops as well as the Classifieds for your detectors. Call the local shops that buy and sell gold and silver and give them a heads up. Best of luck and hope they rot in Hell.:angry1:

BTW...Give me a PM if I can help. Have been in insurance for over 20 years.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Is that all they took? If so, it sounds a little funny if you know what I mean.
"Someone" who knew about the stuff maybe?

I agree. It appears that someone targeted that particular stuff. Usually its someone you know or someone they know.
Aquanut

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We contacted pawn shops and coins shops today. The coins and detetors was not all the they got. They also got 1 of her WII and around 6 games. I baen watcing craiglist and getting on Ebay to try watch for our stuff. Thanks to all you guys and gals.

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aww man,Thats some bad news but look on the bright side,I have a .357 for sale cheap!!!
Sorry about your loss man,Keep an eye on the pawnshops,LCS,and online for your material to turn up!!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some Mercs and I.H's I will send her,but its not really the same?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Is that all they took? If so, it sounds a little funny if you know what I mean.
"Someone" who knew about the stuff maybe?
.... I agree 9 times out of 10 it is some one you know..... Check out your so called friends.............

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy, Aquanut and Dr. Syn are probably right, especially since you say the only other thing taken was her Wii and games. That really does sound like somebody that knew just what they were after. I would install a camera system (can be had for under $100) in case they come back for other goodies.

peace,
cc

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear Matt.................Do you have an alarm system......? Less than 20 secs after my alarm goes off I get a call, if I dont answer the call the police are on site in less than 10 mins.... It has been set off twice by accident where I didnt answer phone at home for different reasons none of which were related to criminal activity, both times police were at my door in less than 10 mins from the time it went off..............

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First of all sorry for the loss - sounds like kids from the stuff they took. Unfortunately this is not uncommon no matter where one lives. For pretty small money one can buy a very big floor safe that can not be moved by anyone given the weight. Big enough to contain a huge coin collection and or previous metals Great for anything of value or important papers as most are fire proof also. Better than a bank safe deposit box because its right there for you to access. I was surprised how cheap you can buy a huge safe - it's worth anyone to take a look if you have a lot of items of value. Obviously not going to protect items like home electronics etc.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry. It sucks I know because it happened to me a few years back. Best suggestion I have is to spend the thirty dollars or so a month it costs to get an alarm monitoring sysrem. Won't get your old stuff back but will prevent your new stuff from heading out the door.

dirtfisher

May 10, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster GT, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cibola, HF9F Metal Detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We live in a sorry world with a sorry bunch of people unfortunately. I hope they catch the crooks. Hope you gain all of that back and more. Maybe you will win the lottery eh? Sorry for your loss.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread