GOT SAT DOWN BIGGLY. Does this qualify as a silver tricecta?

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found my best coin yesterday in 3years of (serious) detecting. 3 hour hunt after work. At about 2.5 hours I hadn’t even found a wheatie. When I dug a spill with the mercy and Washington I was thrilled. Little did I know I was to unplug my third and best seated. She was 3-4 inches deep and a shock to my system. I was so messed up I had to leave ( it was about dark). Me and the fellas are about to go see if theirs any more to find there today.
70C06963-384A-4A47-93C7-F7BFB3226E2C.jpeg 09F2606D-11A2-4134-855E-90BBD6780985.jpeg FC305C5F-F90F-4F69-B1CF-657410601B75.jpeg

Upvote 47

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the Seated Half. That is a great looking coin. Can you call it a trifecta ? Those are your coins, and with that Seated in there, you can call them whatever you want ! Doesn't matter what anyone else calls them !

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DUDE! You must've been ***psyched*** to see that eagle! Congrats on such an awesome find. Did it blow your ears off, and make you think it was a piece of aluminum can?

Huge congrats! :occasion14:

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I saw you had posted this on our FB group I thought it was a Seated quarter, then I noticed the quarter in the other pic and I was like, DANG! That's a seated half. You don't see those come up very often. Congrats man! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
the_mad_cladder

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DUDE! You must've been ***psyched*** to see that eagle! Congrats on such an awesome find. Did it blow your ears off, and make you think it was a piece of aluminum can?

Huge congrats! :occasion14:

Thanks very much shakakka! Yeah it was maybe 4” deep and was a very crisp high tone. I didn’t get excited until I seen the eagle slide out of the plug though. I was in shock then. I couldn’t remember what the back of a barber looked like so I assumed that’s what it was. As I picked it up I said out loud that “this can’t be seated”! This really made me giddy and slightly stupid. When I got home I hand dropped the dime and the quarter on my girlfriend’s hand... then I told her “do not drop this one and laid the half in her hand. She was even shocked. I could hardly talk to tell her about what happened. I get excited easily and this find messed me up in a good way.

OP
OP
the_mad_cladder

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I saw you had posted this on our FB group I thought it was a Seated quarter, then I noticed the quarter in the other pic and I was like, DANG! That's a seated half. You don't see those come up very often. Congrats man! :thumbsup:

Thanks bladerunner2019! It’s gonna be a while before this excitement wears off. I had a rough year except for the one seated dime I found with you. I had kinda told myself every year can’t be great. If this is the last silver I dig the rest of the year I will be good though now.

Dennis1209

Dec 23, 2018
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Etrac & NOX 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW nice! I was a little disappointed with my last silver half. I had just dug an 1854 Seated Liberty Dime with arrows. Got a screamer at about 7 inches, seen it was silver from an edge and just knew for sure it was a Seated half. Got out the Hoover boy's juice and my heart sank just a bit, but I'm really not complaining.

Obverse.JPG

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet coin, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
the_mad_cladder

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW nice! I was a little disappointed with my last silver half. I had just dug an 1854 Seated Liberty Dime with arrows. Got a screamer at about 7 inches, seen it was silver from an edge and just knew for sure it was a Seated half. Got out the Hoover boy's juice and my heart sank just a bit, but I'm really not complaining.

View attachment 1737682

A walking liberty is still a killer find! I do know the feeling though.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great day. Call it a trifecta! Call it whatever you want it's awesome! You earned it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread