Got scold by TD for using penny arcade *with a twist*

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'd think by the title it is the same post over and over, it's not but read on......

Little background: this is the main TD I do weekly dime box pickups and gave away countless treats to. I know all the tellers by first name and they all say hi to me with my name out loud when they see me.

For the 1st time in 10 months, I got scold for doing the usual on the Penny Arcade, NOT by the tellers, NOT by the manager, NOT by the bankers but by the SDB guy (prolly was told by the manage to bark at everyone).

SDB guy: "What are you doing!" as I was picking off the coins that stick on the magnetic bin tray.

me:"Im taking the coins that got stuck back."

SDB guy:"They are not YOUR COINS!!" "These are foreign coins that belong to the bank and we ship them out!"

me *acting nicely with smile*: "Well I deposited all my coins into the bin and I know some are stuck and I am trying to unload them into machine by loosening the metal bin tray."

SDB guy:" No they dont get stucked! (total BS for those who use the PA) If you do that you should go ask one of the tellers to help, You dont touch the metal bin! it's not your property!!"

me *losing the smile and having a brain freeze: "Okay....."

SDB guy:"NOW WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH THAT PILE OF COINS YOU PICKED FROM THE BIN??"

I looked all that pile of about 50 cents canadian and 40 euro cents feeling no point to make a scene and get blood pressure high, picked them up and dropped them into his hand.

SDB guy then walked to the head teller and told her, "ship them away." and walked into his SDB counter at the back of the bank where the Penny Arcade in front of him.

Then the head teller looked at me and said: "Are you OK?" I said "No." told her that my coins were stuck at the bottom reject tray. She asked a teller to help me and things were smooth after.

SCREW this SDB guy! I even treated him donuts couple months ago and we chatted nicely and today I seem completely new to him there to ruin this only Penny Arcade of his bank!!

I think I'd keep doing what I do but with quicker speed and when SDB guy comes over again, I am going to tell him, "I deposited my coins into the machine and I am taking back the coins that get stuck in the metal bin and they BELONG TO CUSTOMERS LIKE ME, NOT YOUR BANK."

What are your suggestions folks?

Upvote 0

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Regardless of what some people in this thread are telling you, the rejects do NOT belong to the bank. PERIOD.

They are supposed to throw out anything in the reject tray because they don't compensate for them so they can't claim them as bank property. PERIOD.

Don't let anyone tell you differently and don't believe anyone that does tell you differently. If they say it belongs to the bank, they have no clue what they are talking about.

If he tries that again just call over the head teller and have him/her straighten it out. They will tell this clown that he is wrong and the bank does not own the rejects as the bank has no investment in anything that is in the reject tray so the bank can't claim ownership.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GEOFF

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Sean, how's it going? havent seen you post in a while

the SDB seem to have a REAL problem with me checking the metal bin tray or just lifting the tray up.

He kept saying its bank property and I need to ask a teller to lift the tray.

This might be contributed by the fricking Arcade broken down 3 times in 2 weeks.

But its really ******ed, the Penny Arcade is self help, there isnt a teller/banker standing next to it and people can just hand them the coins. Its not self help only to the extend that it needs bag changes.

I will try to find peace with this branch.

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well if he is saying that the machine is bank property then play the game their way. Ask a teller to come over and lift the tray so you can take your rejects.

The machine is theirs, but the coins do not belong to them. Legally they are supposed to throw anything in the reject tube or tray in the trash as their balance would be off because they didn't compensate for the coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread