Got Skunked This Morning But Had A Good Afternoon Relic Hunting

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
JARLID.jpg

Got up before sunrise, temp -9C and hit a tobogganing hill. It was a little chilly, and I lasted a couple of hours. I got nothing....nadda, zero, the big "O". It's been a bad year for those tobogganeers...little snow and ice on the hills. I went home, sulked a bit then headed out to some woods. We got s little snow during the past week, but it is very dry and powdery......the coil just sliced through like butter.:devil: I found an old canning jar at about 5", so I figured I was at or near an older picnic ground.
peperoni.jpg

I packed a lunch....cheese, hot pepperonis and an apple. Food always tastes so much better in the outdoors. After gulping down my lunch, I continues searching.
ALL-7.jpg

Here are the finds for the day....one coin, one key and a real nice spoon. I managed to find the date and style on this link. A great site to help date any silverware you might find. http://www.silverpattern.com/patterns_in_silverplate.htm

Mine ended up being a 1948 vintage style called "MORNING STAR" manufactured by Silverware.

Below is a pic of that spoon turned into a ring. :)

Attachments

• SPOONRING.jpg
    SPOONRING.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 315

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you make that ring?? Great use of an old spoon!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread