Got Sniper coil today

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Traded an Ace 300 at the local detector shop for the Sniper Coil for my Ace 250...Used it for just a minute in my yard popped a dime...I think im going to like it..It does loose a little depth, but it seems to pinpoint good (how could it not, as small as it is) We had a Tropical Strom today so I did'nt get to use it much, but am going to my trash spot in the next few days...One thing I will say, it is VERY sensitive to VERY SMALL pieces of copper...(took me forever to find it, it was that small)..I will post my thoughts on this combo in a few days, after some good use....This will be my first time with a small coil..

Anyone pointers from you guys that use small coils???? Tricks for the coins???

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have found the secret to hunting trashy spots that hinder a standard coils use. The only advice I can give would be to not get discouraged at the small footprint that the coil has and not worry about the slowness of covering more acreage. Don't speed up your swings and move the coil between the trash signals to find the good stuff.

Good Luck

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well went to my "spot" where they tore down some old houses (very trashy) and snagged some penneys from the 60's, and 70's...I know wheat is there as I have popped both a 42 quarter, and a 42 penny...Just did'nt find any today, only had a little while to hunt after work, BUT was very impressed with the ability to work around the trash...I dug a few pulltabs, but I also got the pennys where I did not with the stock coil...ground coverage is not good, as you say, but what the heck, im not racing anyway.....All in all I am quite happy with it, also, it seems to have cut down on the constant beeping I was complaining about.....I will get to use it more on sunday, and give my thoughts then, Tom

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Got my sniper coil today also did not have time to use it getting ready to leave for vacation .........let you know when i get back how it worked for me..................

OP
OP
gallileo60

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, and have a GREAT vacation.BTW, we are "Snipe" hunters now....Hahahahahahahahahahha............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread