Got soaked at the river

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wearing my chest waders and out in the water almost to the top of my waders when a boat roared by and soaked me inside out with it's wake. I found this ear ring and maybe a gold partial, but I haven't had it tested. I sure got to get a gold test kit soon. The small truck was a surprise in my scoop and the metal rang up loud and clear. The small button I found behind my house. The truck has a small rock in it's bed. A little clad and the usual trash you find.

soaked at the river 006 (Small).jpg soaked at the river 007.jpg soaked at the river 008 (Small).jpg soaked at the river 010.jpg soaked at the river 011 (Small).jpg soaked at the river 001 (Custom).jpg soaked at the river 012 (Small).jpg soaked at the river 014 (Custom).jpg

Upvote 0

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet gold!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful about going too far out with waders. That poor guy in Michigan got swamped and drowned last year. Safety first!

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Be careful about going too far out with waders. That poor guy in Michigan got swamped and drowned last year. Safety first!

Definitely can happen very quickly. Being on the NJ shore if not detecting always fishing the surf especially in the fall months. About 8 years ago was in Beach Haven with a friend who was an MD in Philadelphia. Well Doc was six four and skinny as a rail. He decides he is going to use waders so he can get out a little further. The rip currents and under tow can be treacherous off the Jersey shore. He was in about chest high surf when he stepped in a hole and went under. I could see his head and I knew he was in trouble. When I get to him the water is over my head in the cut out. The waders were full of water and the undertow was pulling him out. It was one of the few times I had a knife on me instead of leaving it in the tackle box. I had to cut the shoulder straps on the waders. But I couldn't get the waders off his skinny legs as they were acting like a suction. Finally got them off but had sliced my hand in the process. As we made our way to the beach I could see Doc was terrified . He kept saying how the waders were pulling him under. I didn't need stitches and Doc gave me a free tetanus shot. So be careful with them waders!!!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Interesting finds, fongu:hello2:

I like that gold grill....gotta get me one of those one of these days...a "bucket list " item.

Keep the treasures comin'...and be careful out there!

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread