Got some cool stuff ( PEACE ) week of 5/12-17/08 ( penny update )

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Spent a lot of time and effort this week.

In addition to the 12 boxes and 2 bags that I went through this week. I also bought up costumer rolled Dimes and Nickles and found some "Big Dollar Coins" cold calling.

Also bought a $200 bag of Nickles and (2) $50 bags of Penny's from my new C.U. which I'm still going through.

My last pickup was supposed to be 3 boxes of halves but Brinks pulled this number on me again where they simply brought another banks dumps of unverified 1k bags. This is the 4th time this has happend. The bags were tagged by La Selle and the 2nd bag was short a buck. none so far have produced. So I went back to my bank and told them that I wouldn't accept coin from Brinks that way anymore. She understood and agreed that the verification burden was upon us and that brinks wasn't doing their job. I told her I would only accept wrapped coin in a sealed box........Hope this doesn't end up costing me but I was wasting my time with those dumps.

Anyhow Here is my Treasure for this week "Every Picture Tells a Story". Don't it

Mojo

Attachments

• 51708silver.jpg
    51708silver.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 335
  • 22Speace.jpg
    22Speace.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 311
  • dimes.jpg
    dimes.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 327
Upvote 0
OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Re: Got some cool stuff ( PEACE ) this week.

More stuff

Got some cool trinkets this week as well.. Is that a clipped Planchet?

This is my 4th Immigration Commemorative

Got a copper slug in a Brinks roll

Some more unique marked or stamped coins, and about 5000 black dots again this week (Not Pictured)

Attachments

• marking.jpg
    marking.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 315
  • slugs.jpg
    slugs.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 326
  • variety.jpg
    variety.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 348
OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

Here are some Canadian Nickles and other foreign coins I got in rolls

Attachments

• foriegn.jpg
    foriegn.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 307
  • canada5cent.jpg
    canada5cent.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 319
OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

Also got a split 1967 JFK

Anyone ever see this in their hunts?

Mojo

Attachments

• 1967splitobv.jpg
    1967splitobv.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 307
  • 1967split.jpg
    1967split.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 313

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great variety of stuff Mojo! Can't wait to hear the penny results. Most interesting is that split '67. Never seen that before.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice work Moho. That is the biggest clip I have seen on a half. As for the Peace dollar, well, gotta love that!!

You picked up some up nice variety. Well done Moho.

kestrelia

May 9, 2007

Great stuff! That's a pretty major clip you found. If that '67 is an error it might be worth some good money. Be sure to check around on it.

Also - good way to phrase your problem with the bags, not "I don't like dumps" which would get them saying, "too bad, we're not in business to supply you silver," but "I don't want to be short!"

Brian

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

LJ said:
Nice work Moho.

Whats up with the Moho LJ ???

I thought you might like my silver display....You are an inspiration to us all you know!

Thanks. Mojo

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

Immy said:
Great variety of stuff Mojo! Can't wait to hear the penny results. Most interesting is that split '67. Never seen that before.

Here you go Immy

Out of 2 $50 bags of Penny's

Total Wheaties pull was 30

1942,44(2),44D,45(3),45S,46,46D,47S,48(2)
1951D,51S,52D,54D(2),55,55D(3),56,56D,57(2)57D,58,58D

A whole bunch of copper but I don't get that thourough. I just toss them in a box for now and will search them better later. And I really only keep 1973 or older unless it has mint luster. Not ready to commit to the whole copper thing or tie up too much capitol on Penney's.

I do however cherrypick any memorial's with mint luster from 1959 thru 1970 and set those aside right away, and tube them.

I did manage to put together (Fill) a nice Lincoln Memorial book (1959-200?) in the lat 12 months. minus a couple of the 1982 variety's. and a couple of later dates all with mint luster. Photo's..... I should be able to fill it now

Mojo

Attachments

• penny1.jpg
    penny1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 188
  • penny2.jpg
    penny2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 166
  • penny3.jpg
    penny3.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 173

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

coinmojo said:
LJ said:
Nice work Moho.

Whats up with the Moho LJ ???

I thought you might like my silver display....You are an inspiration to us all you know!

Thanks. Mojo

Oops.......sorry about that Mojo. I guess I had a fat finger when typing your name............... :-[. Looking back I see I did it twice!!!! Now that you have pointed it out....you have embarrassed me....ha! J/K

Yes, I enjoyed the pictures........I always love looking at the pictures of stacks of silver.....it gets me excited. Now go find another load so you can stack em up again and take some more pictures for me.

Good luck and I'll try to be more careful with this fat finger of mine....lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread