DSC02410.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 167

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Mike. Like the belt button, interesting. Found a blue marble like that a couple days ago,
I think mine came from a chinese checkers set.

Good luck,
HH.

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! very cool button :thumbsup: :thumbsup: keep it up
HH

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds....Matt

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Mike :thumbsup: I like the buckle, I've found 2 of them so far and researched them and found out they stopped making the brass one by 1920 so you know it's old, there were a couple guys that said it was a confederate knapsack buckle but not true. At the time one guy had had sold one on ebay as a confederate bedroll buckle for over $100 and it really got me going till I found out the truth. Poor guy who bought it, them guys on ebay can be real deceiving, I've got an old mid 1800's pewter whistle I found and watched a guy sell one identical on ebay for $160 but when he showed it he stated that he found it in a revolutionary war area in upstate New York and included old descriptions of pewter whistles from that era but they looked completely different than the one he sold to the poor sucker that bought it. I just put a cork ball in mine and have it as a great find.

OP
OP
Mike from MI

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Giant056 said:
Great finds Mike :thumbsup: I like the buckle, I've found 2 of them so far and researched them and found out they stopped making the brass one by 1920 so you know it's old, there were a couple guys that said it was a confederate knapsack buckle but not true. At the time one guy had had sold one on ebay as a confederate bedroll buckle for over $100 and it really got me going till I found out the truth. Poor guy who bought it, them guys on ebay can be real deceiving, I've got an old mid 1800's pewter whistle I found and watched a guy sell one identical on ebay for $160 but when he showed it he stated that he found it in a revolutionary war area in upstate New York and included old descriptions of pewter whistles from that era but they looked completely different than the one he sold to the poor sucker that bought it. I just put a cork ball in mine and have it as a great find.

Yeah I know some people think that items are other things than what they are. this one is a buckle cover used on horse and mule harness up to the end of horse drawn framing.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Mike. How did you happen to find the clay pipe piece....just while digging other stuff? Very cool.

HH

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Nice finds, Mike...Ive also found a few of the heart buckles over the years...nice lookin button too!

Jim 2.0

Nov 10, 2007
Pinckney, MI
Detector(s) used
BH, Prizm IV, Tesoro Cortez!
Michiganne said:
Nice finds, Mike. How did you happen to find the clay pipe piece....just while digging other stuff? Very cool.

HH

I've seen a few clay pipes show up in these forums and wondered the same thing, Michiganne??

Very cool finds Mike!

Jim

OP
OP
Mike from MI

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michiganne said:

HH

I was hunting a farm field. When hunting these fields, you spot all kinds of colored glass, marbles, clay pipes, etc.....

Irontask

Mar 21, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab/ Explorer ll/ Sovereign/ Tesoro Tiger Shark
Nice finds. HH Ron from MI

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions