Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit an 1888 school house that many others have hit over the years. Conditions were perfect. Nice weather, easy digging, and had fun to boot. What more can you ask? My first target was a nice glass faced rosette with a hunting dog design under the glass. It was a foot down and as I was digging I said I am digging to China, watch it will be one of those Chinese cash coins. Little did I know 10 minutes later in some roots I would dig one of those Chinese cash coins! I had to laugh!!! Ended that day with one 1906 Indian, 8 wheats ( 4 of them are 1944 ) an old whistle, two train wheels, Most of a solid silver spoon. It weighs almost a 1/2 oz. 2 rings, a neat old telescoping pen and several doo-dads.

Attachments

• DSC03729.JPG
    DSC03729.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC03735.JPG
    DSC03735.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC03737.JPG
    DSC03737.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC03734.JPG
    DSC03734.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 81

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Mike have to say you had a good day hunting a place that gets hit a lot, Congrats and good hunting!!!! Like digging sliver spoons and can't beat the Indians...

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Superb digs, Mike. :thumbsup: Where's the close up of the rosette? :icon_scratch: WTG on the Chinese coin and wheats.

Glad you got out, even if you're crowding my turf.:whip2: :laughing7:

HH

Michigander Dan

Mar 11, 2012
Water Wonderland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett Pinpointer pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You got some very nice finds there. I really like the rosette and your story of getting the Chinese cash coin. I always say that to myself too ( "am I digging to China here"? ) but I never do get anything like that, WTG on the Indian too. :goldtrophy:

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Mike. I hope your arm is holding out for you. Since missing the last meeting I was n't sure you were getting out much because of it. Well looks like you were swingin' yesterday. Great finds and thanks for showing everyone the trash and slaw that always seems to be neglected when reading posts. The telescopic pen is rather interesting to me-how very cool. for a location that has been hit alot you did quite well. Keep it up man but not too much as to injure your arm again;We got a long summer and fall season ahead of us. WTG

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Lotta digging Mike but looks like it payed off, cool pen and chinese coin, still waiting for my 1st.

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice diggins my man!....looks like some nice keepers! Sweet looking place too....congrats on the IH, Chinese coin, and other relics!

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs Mike - looks like an awesome spot! Congrats on the Indian and Chinese coin. Cool Whistle too

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread