Got the gold tonight, baby!!

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
I went out tonight as soon as it cooled off for just an hour hunt. Went back to an easement that I had detected a couple months before (dates back to the 20's) but couldn't do much of anything because of the high grass. Well, they finally cut it and I decided I would give it a shot. Glad I did!

The third signal came in at around the nickel mark on my Silver uMax disc knob, so I thought...hmm...buffalo? I scraped the dead grass (now like straw) with my shoe and I noticed something ring-like move. I grabbed a handful of the dead grass and ran it over the coil...bam! There she was. A beautiful gold ring in very good condition with a really pretty opal. I quickly shoved it into my pocket without further inspection, gave the Lord a few "thank yous", and went home after finishing up the easement.

I gave it a gentle soda bath and it sparkles so perty I could just weep. Inside the band it reads 14K GE ESF. I have no idea what the letters GE ESF stand for. A little help?? Also, it looks somewhat antique, but looks can be deceiving I suppose.

Couldn't get a better picture as I had run out of daylight. Perhaps tomorrow I'll post a couple more, but for now here's one shot of it before cleaning.

This makes three rings in three days. :)

And hey, Ant, it was just off Nicolet! hehe

Ray

Attachments

• gold1.jpg
    gold1.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 491
Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup: The GE stands for gold electroplate. Great ring congrats. :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
Ray in CA

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Ah! That's right. I should have known. Thanks juju. But any idea what ESF is?

Ray

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet ring bud :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions