Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
got the new deus yesterday afternoon, 1st thought was of that when I handled the M16 for the first time... this is a toy! but like the M16, its not a toy but a well designed machine. After a quick check thru procedures in the book, I charged the components for the two hours and had it put together and ready to go for today. it is soooo light! love how it compacts to nearly nothing and takes up no room in the truck's cab. I set it up to run in the basic 1 program and turned down the discrim some just to see what the tones sounded like and to dig everything. As I was leaving the house this morning, the phone rang and I was distracted, had to go to town to take of something first. So I hurriedly loaded everything except of course the book but that was not a problem. The first and immediate thing you notice is how it weighs next to nothing and this meant absolutely no arm fatigue at all. I dug iron until I just got tired of it and finally put the discrim back to where it should have been, I dug a very old small hatchet and a chunk of old hand forged heavy chain with hook as well as a lot of odds and ends. I would like to say that I dug silver and or gold but that was not the case today. in fact, most everything I dug could have been dug with the AT GOLD but I dug more and longer (until my back was tired up the constant up and down) because the xp was so light. I found that I am not the craziest about the ws4 headsets, they just don't fit me the greatest (big head). I found clad, a loaded blank 223 round, a ton of pull tabs and rings, and a lot of slaw. At this place, all of the mid to high 80's and whatever 90's I found were either beer cans or soda cans. the menu and all of that seems to be fairly easy to understand and get around in. all in all, very happy with the xp, I would find myself with arm fatigue with the AT, no so at all with the xp and I liked the tones as well. Some day I may invest in a pair of Grey Ghost head sets but I can live with this pair for a while. yep, got a lot to learn but I see a happy relationship with the deus, even now I can see why so many people like them.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sweet....:occasion14:congrats !!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
#3, had to have the remote, necessary for updates etc. the grey ghost headsets are supposed to be better and a lot cheaper so they will be the next upgrade....someday. for an older person or someone with back aches and pains (or both), even some disabilities.. bad foot for me, this machine is really nice just for that much less its other abilities.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good review, I found the Grey Ghosts a little tight fitting, and wearing glasses it get a bit painful after 8-10 hrs of wearing them. But they performance of the GG's are great headphones.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
well at this point in my life, I doubt I will make it a full eight to ten hours detecting, the ole back just won't let me. I guess you can get one of their jacks or connectors for the headset control and use your own choice of headsets. that would be cheaper if you can and not be an electronic whiz.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would better off with the WS5 headphones, very comfy and loud, great volume control, and of course you can change the settings on the machine with them, with out the main box. But not cheap, you would have been better off with the complete package, to start with.

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread