Got the Nokta pulse dive this afternoon.

Bucketfreak68

Feb 11, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X- Terra 305
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Once again a surprise package hit my doorstep.
Inside the box was a Nokta pulse dive pinpointer.
I had been thinking of replacing my old bounty hunter pinpointer which I've had for at least 16 years well I spoke to the wrong person after the knob on the bounty hunter fell off and the battery cap, which just snaps in place was starting to get to the point to where it didn't want to stay on.
I've fixed the knob problem for now and will jury rig the battery cap as best that I can and keep the bounty hunter as a back up.
I've not had a chance to use the Nokta out in the wild yet and at this point I only see one thing I don't like about it.
#1.Its a bit bulky as compared to something like the Garett or most pinpointers as far as the matter is concerned with size.
The pro's far out weigh the con's.
#1.No more almost $3.00 9 Volt batteries as this one is rechargeable.
#.,I finally have a light, as my old bounty hunter didn't have one.
#3.I finally have a lanyard.
#4.I can now just go with vibrate as nothing annoys more than an constant beeping while using a pinpointer.
If you like loud beeps while pinpointing this one is certainly loud thankfully it come with 2 caps for covering the charging port and speaker one for diving under water and one for use on land, the one for diving almost mutes the annoyingly loud beep that happens when you turn it on so it is relatively silent which I like.
I don't know that I'll ever be 200 foot under the water but I ever get that deep I can use it to detect with while I'm down there.;D

Last edited:

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Once again a surprise package hit my doorstep.
Inside the box was a Nokta pulse dive pinpointer.
I had been thinking of replacing my old bounty hunter pinpointer which I've had for at least 16 years well I spoke to the wrong person after the knob on the bounty hunter fell off and the battery cap, which just snaps in place was starting to get to the point to where it didn't want to stay on.
I've fixed the knob problem for now and will jury rig the battery cap as best that I can and keep the bounty hunter as a back up.
I've not had a chance to use the Nokta out in the wild yet and at this point I only see two things I don't like about it.
#1.Its a bit bulky as compared to something like the Garett or most pinpointers as far as the matter is concerned with size.
#2. it comes with a scraper blade cover that just pops into place but easily falls off, it would have been nice if they had made a plastic screw on collar that turns and holds it on but in the long run I really do not need this attachment and will just go to TSC and get a rubber tip to put on it and problem solved if I need to dig further to find my target that is what my hand digger is for.
The pro's far out weigh the con's.
#1.No more almost $3.00 9 Volt batteries as this one is rechargeable.
#.,I finally have a light, as my old bounty hunter didn't have one.
#3.I finally have a lanyard.
#4.I can now just go with vibrate as nothing annoys more than an constant beeping while using a pinpointer.
If you like loud beeps while pinpointing this one is certainly loud thankfully it come with 2 caps for covering the charging port and speaker one for diving under water and one for use on land, the one for diving almost mutes the annoyingly loud beep that happens when you turn it on so it is relatively silent which I like.
I don't know that I'll ever be 200 foot under the water but I ever get that deep I can use it to detect with while I'm down there.;D
when you put the tip protector on you are supposed to turn it slightly to lock it into place if I remember correctly there is a little tab inside of that cover when you push it on turn it slightly, cannot remember which way and it will not come off

OP
OP
Bucketfreak68

Bucketfreak68

Feb 11, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X- Terra 305
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
when you put the tip protector on you are supposed to turn it slightly to lock it into place if I remember correctly there is a little tab inside of that cover when you push it on turn it slightly, cannot remember which way and it will not come off
Alight!
Thanks oldkoot.
I got it on there, but now can't get it off but that works for me though as long as I've got that added protection.
I'll figure out how to take it off at some point though I'd as soon not so I won't mess with it.
I'd read the owner manual, or the little red tag that is on the pinpointer that say's "align and twist" but real detecorist never do that.:headbang::icon_thumleft:;D
Man I'm an idiot.:BangHead:

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Alight!
Thanks oldkoot.
I got it on there, but now can't get it off but that works for me though as long as I've got that added protection.
I'll figure out how to take it off at some point though I'd as soon not so I won't mess with it.
I'd read the owner manual, or the little red tag that is on the pinpointer that say's "align and twist" but real detecorist never do that.:headbang::icon_thumleft:;D
Man I'm an idiot.:BangHead:
one suggestion take the tip protector back off and use a little vasaline around the "O" Ring and it helps when removing the tip protector

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread