Got to go out again today!

greentreasurefish

Dec 1, 2007
Franklin, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Man, why did'nt I try this hobby out years ago? This is my second day out with my detector. Got to play behind the house for a couple of hours and found .52 cents today. 67 quarter, nickle, 22 pennies and 67 canadian cent. I know it's not much but am starting to figure out the different tones. Still digging everything! Am I the only one that laughs like a fool when I find something? Even a bottle cap gets a chuckle. My neighbors think I'm a fool crawling around, digging in the dirt and giggling. Happy Hunting!!!! lee :)

Upvote 0

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Your not the only one who acts weird while MD'ing. ;D I found my first pull top today. I was grinning like a jacka**! I'm going to keep it too. ;D

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The novelty of pull tops will wear thin quickly. However, one of the big things in this hobby for me is discovering what made the machine beep, even when it's trash. Have fun.
Bill

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey....finding clad coins is an awesome start. Welcome to our crazy hobby and I look forward to hearing about your adventures with your new toy! Congrats and welcome to the forum!! May the Metal Detecting gods smile upon you!!

Happy Hunting!
Moon

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
Thats funny ,,,i only got out for 20 minutes after work and in the dark.I only found 1 penny and i still felt as if i won!...Also my 2nd time out with my xmas detector even though i bring it to work and everywhere i go.This weekend i get to really hunt so im starting at a nearby local beach named Beaver pond in franklin Mass.Then im going to the library .Wifey wants to do some research about our town and its earlier buildings and such,she seems to be getting hooked also woohoo!.grats on your findings hopefullly i will have alot to post about tomorrow...good luck hunter.

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
luvsdux said:
The novelty of pull tops will wear thin quickly. However, one of the big things in this hobby for me is discovering what made the machine beep, even when it's trash. Have fun.
Bill

Yeah, it will wear off pretty quickly, but you must continue to pull those proverbial pains in the ass. YOU never really know if it's just another pull tab or is it a nickle? or a Ring? or another piece of jewelery? If you are finding tabs, you will eventually find other things.. the GOOD things. <smile> I've often wondered what to do with all the odd earings or other pieces of jewelery that I've found detecting. It's rare to find a matched set of anything, but gold is gold and silver is silver.. but what to do with it? Rings can simply be cleaned up and worn on most occasions, but chain bits or even whole chains? earrings? Then it dawned on me.. MAKE THEM INTO PULL TABS!!! <laughing>
Only other detectorists would get the joke though. Everyone else would just think you're nuts for wearing pull tabs.. even if they are made of silver or gold. Take all the odd pieces and melt them down and pour them into molds of pull tabs. String the precious metal tabs up on a nice chain and wear them with pride. Talk about a conversation starter!
Think of losing one??? Can you imagine the look on some poor sap's face if he found one of these metal detecting? A solid gold or solid silver pull tab!?!?!?

Keep enjoying the hobby my friend.. keep digging those pull tabs! and as awlays..

Happy Hunting

Frodov

changin-tymes

Feb 6, 2007
n.e. Ohio, mantua
Detector(s) used
Fishin with a Fisher
green, just wait till when silver welleth from the ground, you wont believe it. i was lucky when i started approx 8 years ago, i found a SL 1/2 silver, 1945, within my first hour i still cant explain it. because of this fast large silver, i became really hooked and diddnt stop full steam for several years. i inventoried my total silver (ever) the other day, so to 'predict' when i should find my next silver, sounds odd but i hunt very similar scapes and i think this is true. i have 35 silver quaters, 90 silver dimes (rosie and merc), then 4 total silver 1/2's, 2 barber quarters, 4 barber dimes. so with this data, i (THINK) i should be able to (kind of) do a prediction. for every 4 silver dimes i should then maybe gat a quarter. for approx every 25 silver coins, i outta get a silver 1/2. capiso? am i mad? probably. oh yes, 4 good rings only but i dont count these in this tracking. buckets of clad to produce my 110 silver coins total. again, just wait till you dig silver!

bob/ct

OP
OP
greentreasurefish

greentreasurefish

Dec 1, 2007
Franklin, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Hey ! Thanks for all the great replies. I am having a blast. Scrapdoggie, i come to Franklin, Ma. a couple times a week. Maybe we can get a hunt going sometimes.
Thanks, Lee :)

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Treasurecowboy said:
pull tabs...look@my saying under my pic. that says it all.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

I promise to remember they are pull tabs and not pull tops..... ;D

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Good luck today, Green. Can't wait to hear what you find.

HH,
Pepper

Born Free

Oct 27, 2007
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My neighbors think I'm a fool crawling around, digging in the dirt and giggling.

Sounds like you have the md bug!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread