Got to have first pick at an estate

iceman0xh

Dec 22, 2009
A man came in to my work yesturday asking where the nearest police station was, I told him where it was and ask why he was looking for one. He said he was in town settling his brothers estate and wanted to hand in a gun his brother owned. I told him I was interested and that I buy a lot of things. He told me to come over in the morning and we could walk the house.

Got there at 11 this morning and went through the house, he had already sold the gun which was a beat up remington 22 pistol. This person was a hoarder, talking to his brother we found a dresser full of tools and car parts in a bedroom and more pairs of plyers than most hardware stores. I had spotted a few things while going through so I asked him prices, most were too high. Picked up a vintage chrome table for $10 and a free lighter for helping him move some things since he saw I smoked. He is bringing by a box of coins he found later tonight and I will update then.

The lighter on the other hand wasnt what I expected. Thought it was just a cheap vintage lighter. Turned out to be a Dunhill rolling lighter and worth about $100. The guy was awesome and I'm helping him with boxes at work so when he brings the coins I'm going to throw him a few bucks for the lighter

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
iceman0xh said:
A man came in to my work yesturday asking where the nearest police station was, I told him where it was and ask why he was looking for one. He said he was in town settling his brothers estate and wanted to hand in a gun his brother owned. I told him I was interested and that I buy a lot of things. He told me to come over in the morning and we could walk the house.

Got there at 11 this morning and went through the house, he had already sold the gun which was a beat up remington 22 pistol. This person was a hoarder, talking to his brother we found a dresser full of tools and car parts in a bedroom and more pairs of plyers than most hardware stores. I had spotted a few things while going through so I asked him prices, most were too high. Picked up a vintage chrome table for $10 and a free lighter for helping him move some things since he saw I smoked. He is bringing by a box of coins he found later tonight and I will update then.

The lighter on the other hand wasnt what I expected. Thought it was just a cheap vintage lighter. Turned out to be a Dunhill rolling lighter and worth about $100. The guy was awesome and I'm helping him with boxes at work so when he brings the coins I'm going to throw him a few bucks for the lighter

wtg! great that you are even giving him a bit of money for the lighter.. it shows how honest you are of a person, and im sure he will take a fair offer on the coins aswell, because he will trust you. Let u know what you get!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions