Got to love vacation silver!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
So I've been down in Florida for a few weeks escaping the Midwest snow. My first few days down here, I checked at a few branches of banks where I have accounts and ordered boxes. So far, boxes have been skunks, though I have one more to go through before year's end.

Also stopped at several banks I don't have accounts with looking for halves. Very few had any, but one had 17 rolls, 2 of which had silver! So far, my vacation silver half finds are 2x 1964 and 5x 40%.

But wait, there's more! I was driving over the Sunshine Skyway bridge yesterday. There was a long queue of cars waiting to pay the toll, and while I was waiting my turn, I got to thinking about how many quarters go through the toll attendants hands on a given day. I was brainstorming ideas on business cards I could hand out to them advertising that I buy silver quarters, and before I realized it I was through the line with my change in my hand. As usual, I quickly glanced at the coins before throwing them in the change holder, and about drive off the road - a 1944 silver quarter! What are the odds???

It's still out there, sometimes even on vacation!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1514652234.094737.jpg

Upvote 0

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vacation & silver ? Its a double whammy . Go for a Gin & tonic and make it a triple !:)

Last edited:

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait, them thar quarters are mine, as I reside here year round. You, my friend, are encroaching on MY turf... I'll let it slide THIS time. .:laughing7:

Last edited:

JobIII

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds! I was in Del Ray on the way to Miami and the Keys. At a BoA. Wanted to ask for halves but the line was sooooo long. I ended up using the ATM which actually beat the line even after waiting in line for 10 minutes.

Now i'm wondering about what possible finds could have been mine... Oh well great score. And happy you also avoided cold weather this week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread